Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE Stretchers

Per Xeno, here is a list of what the Stretchers do:

Stretchers should be also available from following vehicles.

- MASH
    - HMMWV Ambulance
    - Vodnik Ambulance
    - Mi17 MEDEVAC
    - BMP2 Ambulance
    - M113 Ambulance
    - maybe some more medical vehicles (MH60 does not have "reasonable cargospace")

Stretcher actions available are:
    - Get in as front carrier
    - Get in as back carrier (only available when there is a front carrier)
    - Front carrier can drop/put down the stretcher
    - Both can pickup the stretcher and carry it on back/If carried on back, put it on ground
    - When stretcher is lifted (w or w/o injured) you can:
    -- walk slowly
    -- jog (allowed due to lacking "fast walking")
    -- Anything else that would make you have to drop the stretcher in RL automatically drops the stretcher (climbing ladders, sprinting, taking a knee, going prone, though many stuff WIP still)

- You can also just use the stretcher to transport an unjured player/AI from A to B, in a faster manner than drag/carry. Moving an injured back to a vehicle makes it necessary to unload from stretcher and put in vehicle of choice

With the inclusion of Stretchers in the most recent ACE update, there is now a more rapid means to evacuate unconscious soldiers from the battlefield. I have yet to see whether the Stretcher 'Vehicle' prevents people from spontaneously dying due to a lack of epinephrine while en-route to the medic station (Imagine the casualty in the stretcher being in a state of stasis). If this is not the cause, I think it would be wise to create a ticket on the ACE development website.

From a mission design point of view, I think it would make sense to have a lower amount of epinephrine on corpsman than Morphine or Bandages in order to make the best use of this feature so unconscious soldiers could actually be medievac back to a first aid station /triage station for proper treatment.

Accordingly, I am trying to determine the utility of epinephrine as it appears to be doing two different things from a game-play perspective: making a unit conscious and preventing a unit from dying due to their heart being stopped. Although these can be mutually compatible, it almost warrants whether the ACE team should create a new medical item to separate the two tasks, as the purpose of the corpsman is to stabilize the unit for transport back to base. Whether this would mean being within x radius of a medical tent designated as the HQ medical station? I do not know the timeframe imposed by ACE on how quickly someone has to be injected with epinephrine before they die, if someone would happen to know.

Let me know your thoughts.

-Skin

Re: ACE Stretchers

I think this is fantastic, I can't wait to try this out.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

This is going to be awesome. CASEVACs, here we come!

|TG-TFP|Kezei
      Ductus Exemplo

Comment

Nice find. I cant wait. Glad to see you got everything sorted out skin :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

<<Pictures Zedic swearing at his slow aid-and-litter team>>

Yeah.. Great feature.

Comment

I could fly Medevacs all day and never need sex again...

Shame no NATO birds in there yet. UH-1 and UH-60 should be obvious.

Comment

:O wow
              "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
              So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
              tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
              tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
              tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
              tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Ok, so, can you load a guy on a stretcher and then throw him in to a crashhawk? That would make medevac's more usefull as opposed to just getting him close enough to heal himself.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Skin View Post
                  Accordingly, I am trying to determine the utility of epinephrine as it appears to be doing two different things from a game-play perspective: making a unit conscious and preventing a unit from dying due to their heart being stopped
                  Let me just correct you here: epineprhine is NOT used to wake up unconscious players. It should ONLY be used when prompted to. Otherwise it is 1) a waste of limited medical equipment and 2) it can kill an unconscious unit (in very rare cases).
                  If a unit fell unconscious you have to give them morphine, since unconsciousness is caused by an excessive amount of pain, and morphine eliminates pain.
                  Also, in ACE1 when someone needed epinephrine it meant that 1) he was hurt BADLY and 2)he would die in 1-2 minutes. In ACE2 it appears that every time someone is even nicked he needs epinephrine, and he can survive for long if he was bandaged beforehand (and magically healed to 100% health, because as we know ACE strives to be realistic and as such there are no "magic medics", only perfectly realistic bandages that act as one-use medikits)
                  sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that, at least in ACE1 for Arma, pain determined how conscious you are. So, if you were bleeding, in pain, and heart stopped, bandaging would stop bleeding, epi would restart heart, but they would still be unconscious because the guy's in too much pain. Too much pain meant unconsciousness, so morphine would wake them up...

I don't know if they changed it in ArmA2, or if Epi actually has the extra effect of waking someone up while not getting rid of much of the pain...

Anyways, since I like playing medic, anything that makes it more... ACE-ey is a welcome addition =)

EDIT: Gah, merula already posted.

Comment

Lets face it, the admins will find a use for us to parade them around on stretchers for their amusement. That and we have the posiblity to drag the really fat/heavy loaded people around with over 200kg of gear as if they were a simple body at a light jog! ... Okay sarcasm aside, this might be fun.
                      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                        Lets face it, the admins will find a use for us to parade them around on stretchers for their amusement.
                        They are on to us...............*THREAD CLOSED*

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Okay, I'm trying to figure out how to put someone on the stretcher... it doesn't seem to be working... Is there some specific thing you need to do?

Comment

Epinephrine is needed to wake units from unconsciousness. ACE dev team even says so.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                              Epinephrine is needed to wake units from unconsciousness. ACE dev team even says so.
                              Ignoring the fact that epineprhine has always been injected directly into the heart to make it start again (although it does not have the same % rate of success as in the game) and that injecting said adrenaline to a person that does not need it is a sure way to kill him, why is it that online every single time I or someone else was shot and fell unconscious the only way to bring them on their feet was to use morphine?

Frankly, I do not understand why the ACE devs said something like that: in-game experience showed me that morphine is the only thing that can wake up a wounded unit. I tested it, I witnessed it, I saw it in action, used the system and learned how it worked both by reading what's written on the Wiki and from personal experience. Unless they meant that epi can be used to wake up soldiers rendered unconscious by explosions, I have no idea why they said that: I tried having wounded units and waking them up with epinephrine. On one occasion said unit died, while on all other instances they woked up only after an injection of morphine. Furthermore when wounded in such a way that the heart did not stop, utilising epinephrine did not caused them to wake up.
                              Just test it in the editor, or do a test with a few guys online. I am not crazy.:row__687:

Edit:
                              Maybe this is what they intend the system to be in the future? After all it would not be the first time that the Devs introduced something, said that it worked in a certain way, and we had to wait for the bugs to be worked out because it would not work as advertised (or sometimes at all).
                              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...