Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navigation and Communications Course For 13 Mar 2010 [READ IF YOU HAVE NOT ATTENDED!]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation and Communications Course For 13 Mar 2010 [READ IF YOU HAVE NOT ATTENDED!]

Alright, so Ladies and Gentleman,

Task Force Proteus will be running another day of courses this weekend. It is our intent to allow persons whom did not attend these courses in the past to have the opportunity at this time. The first is a Navigation Course (highly recommended for all) and the second is a Communications Course (highly recommended for would-be Leaders).

These courses will be run one after another to give candidates the option to attend both as oppose to running concurrently where they would have to choose one. Task Force Proteus would like you invite you to learn some new skills, master some new techniques, and raise the bar not only for yourself, but for the community as a whole.

Let's really bring the term "Tactical" to "Tactical Gamer".

-Zedic

NAVIGATION COURSE

DATE: SATURDAY 13 MARCH 2010
    TIME: 1500 EST (2000GMT)
    COURSE RUN TIME: 120-150 MINUTES

PREREQUISITES: Ensure you have Pen and Paper for individual notes and work.

COURSE LAYOUT/ITINERARY:

1. INTRODUCTION TO MAP AND COMPASS
    2. HOW TO SHOOT A BEARING
    3. EASTINGS AND NORTHINGS
    4. SIX TO TEN FIGURE GRIDS
    5. CONTOURS
    6. LEGEND
    7. RESECTION
    8. PLOTTING A ROUTE
    9. ORIENTEERING EXERCISE

COMMUNICATIONS COURSE

DATE: SATURDAY 13 MARCH 2010
    TIME: 1730 EST (2230GMT)
    COURSE RUN TIME: 120-180 MINUTES

PREREQUISITES: READ UPDATED RADIO PROCEDURE GUIDE AND COPY "REPORTS AND RETURNS PARAS".

RADIO PROCEDURE GUIDE: http://kezei.net/arma2/

EXAMPLE:
    PARA A: INITIATE TRAFFIC WITH RECEIVING CALLSIGN
    PARA B: SEND GRID OF POSITION AND DISPLACEMENT
    PARA C: SEND GRID OF INTENDED DESTINATION

**NOTE** This guide was written by me. It is not taken from Military Manuals but is instead a Military Adaptation of Radio Procedure I have created for your benefit. It may look intimidating and lengthy but believe me when I tell you it is not. It is well worth the read and the information provided will be invaluable throughout your online gaming experiences. I have also updated it to include an understanding of the new Radio System adopted.

COURSE LAYOUT/ITINERARY:

1. INSTALLATION AND SET UP OF NEW RADIO PROGRAM;
    2. BRIEF REVIEW OF RADIO PROCEDURE GUIDE;
    3. COURSE INTRODUCTION AND INTRODUCTION TO THE COMMUNICATIONS SOFTWARE;
    4. DISCUSS INITIATION/RECEIVING TRAFFIC AND ENDING;
    5. PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF RADIO PROCEDURE; and
    6. COURSE CRITIQUE.

**Note** If you have completed this course prior we will have instructors just doing the Practical Phase of this training for your benefit omitting and skipping all of the Technical information and set up.

Pro Patria

Re: Navigation and Communications Course For 13 Mar 2010 [READ IF YOU HAVE NOT ATTEND

Just to let you know Zedic, the technique of "resectioning" I learnt on the course last time helped me to win a Wookie School match the other day. Was doing it with radio towers, religious objects etc. Was useful.
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Re: Navigation and Communications Course For 13 Mar 2010 [READ IF YOU HAVE NOT ATTEND

i will be attending this class, or should i say both sessions!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Have yet to attend one of your Communication courses, would like to see how that goes.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Will be there.

Comment

I am hoping to attend. I been up all night and if i manage to stay awake I will try to attend. Got a really bad virus the other day and it hit me hard. Really hard to breath and swallow all yesterday/tonight. Anyways this will be my 1st time on the TG servers. Been just so busy lately and hadn't managed to figure out the comms and navigation so this should be a perfect opportunity for me to get started.

One thing I'm wondering is if we have to use the new comms system during the nav course or what? I installed TS3 and the arma2 TS plugin and bound a mouse button for PTT in TS but that's about it. Are there any other keys I need to bind in TS/Arma before attending the courses? I briefly remember something about needing 3 buttons bound but haven't seen the details on that written out anywhere. I just wish it was a single PTT button and hold it to talk, release to stop talking, and maybe crank the mouse wheel while its pushed to change the volume of speech. I'm running out of keys on my kb and I try to use my Belkin n52 Nostromo instead of kb whenever possible (haven't used my kb to game in 8 yrs). Anyways if someone can clear those issues up before the course I'd really appreciate it.
            -eightball
            I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
            Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

Originally posted by Eightball View Post
              One thing I'm wondering is if we have to use the new comms system during the nav course or what? I installed TS3 and the arma2 TS plugin and bound a mouse button for PTT in TS but that's about it. Are there any other keys I need to bind in TS/Arma before attending the courses? I briefly remember something about needing 3 buttons bound but haven't seen the details on that written out anywhere.
              The details are in the PDF which came with the Yoma update. Basically, the 3 buttons you can bind to User Action 1-3 are only for switching between the volume modes of your voice (whisper, normal, yell) and activating/deactivating boradcasting over short- and long-range radio. None of these actions are really necessary to be binded, as they are available over the action menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Eightball View Post
                I am hoping to attend. I been up all night and if i manage to stay awake I will try to attend. Got a really bad virus the other day and it hit me hard. Really hard to breath and swallow all yesterday/tonight. Anyways this will be my 1st time on the TG servers. Been just so busy lately and hadn't managed to figure out the comms and navigation so this should be a perfect opportunity for me to get started.

One thing I'm wondering is if we have to use the new comms system during the nav course or what? I installed TS3 and the arma2 TS plugin and bound a mouse button for PTT in TS but that's about it. Are there any other keys I need to bind in TS/Arma before attending the courses? I briefly remember something about needing 3 buttons bound but haven't seen the details on that written out anywhere. I just wish it was a single PTT button and hold it to talk, release to stop talking, and maybe crank the mouse wheel while its pushed to change the volume of speech. I'm running out of keys on my kb and I try to use my Belkin n52 Nostromo instead of kb whenever possible (haven't used my kb to game in 8 yrs). Anyways if someone can clear those issues up before the course I'd really appreciate it.
                -eightball
                Everything will be taught to you during the course, including how to set up and use the new communication system.

|TG-TFP|Kezei
                Ductus Exemplo

Comment

Thanks to all those who hosted these events. I definitely learned a lot and I'll be able to be an effective TG squad member.
                  I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
                  Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

*Gently nudges the thread and walks away whistling.*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X