Light Mortar Gunner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Mortar Gunner

Anyone else notice the 60mm mortar gunner thats in the US men list now?
    He spawns with an M9, 60mm mortar and a base plate. So far ive been unable to get it too work. Anyone had any luck?
    Nihility

Re: Light Mortar Gunner

I saw a post earlier about how ACE2 was going to implement the 60mm mortar (US one, forget the designation). Looks pretty neat, though it will be very technical and will probably need a course to use. Won't be a pick up and go type of system, from what I read.

Lost the link, not sure where it went. It was on devheaven somewhere ..

EDIT:

Found it:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6679

Comment

That picture makes it look very awkward indeed. However at present it cannot even be placed on the ground or activated when you select it. I just presumed it would be able to link with an arty module and work like a larger mortar or m119.
      Nihility

Comment

I got a feeling that beita is going to change his WACs into these wacky straws :)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

This thread made me think of the C2 sections in British (and perhaps other commonwealth armies?) army, standard issue to have a 51mm mortar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L9A1_51_mm_Light_Mortar

Bring the brits into ACE!

Comment

Bring the brits into ACE!
            Theyve allready tried to go everywhere else!!! SNAP!!!

Anyway: Has anyone figured out how to get these working yet or did the ace team just throw it in because the model was done and they havnt finished coding yet?
            Nihility

Comment

lol arcto
              "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
              So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
              tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
              tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
              tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
              tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

I would love to see missions with a Mortar Section: mortars are pretty much one of the most versatile indirect fire weapon out there, since unlike other bigger units (like the m119 or the m109 Paladin) they are assigned to a Platoon and can move with it, setting up when needed and being able to provide fire support in very short time. The only problem mortars have is that they do not pack the same punch of bigger artillery units, but given all the other advantages I'd say it's a pretty sweet tradeoff :)
                sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I say yes to british para`s in the next TG modpack update...if we have missions to go with the new units of course. Maybe a little helmand type action???

sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure that we already tried to have british units in ARMA2 and there was something wrong with them that we stopped using them. We played with them on Everon.

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that we already tried to have british units in ARMA2 and there was something wrong with them that we stopped using them. We played with them on Everon.
                      There was an issue with the models when using weapons with ironsights: the head tended to clip into the view when prone making it hard to maintain SA (kind of like the issue there was with the USMC Officer model), but if I remember correctly it was fixed. Also there was the "issue" of the Chinook being slightly too nimble (although after having watched a few air shows clips it didn't seem that bad to me), and the armed jeeps being 1) pretty tough and 2) having almost invulnerable tires.
                      sigpic

Comment

guys keep this thread on track lol He was asking if this new mortar model works

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                          guys keep this thread on track lol He was asking if this new mortar model works
                          Whoops, you are absolutely right!
                          To the Mission Editor!

Edit:
                          Nevermind, I'll have to update ACE to have that and it's pretty late, so I'll test it tomorrow.
                          Last edited by Merula; 03-12-2010, 07:07 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...