This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure whether I want this

Like I love the realism and all, but can't fly that well, tried the helo mission, cant fly for crap, its soo slow it seems
    Add to that, I'm just not sure if I can deal with all the key bindings
    Anyone wanna convince me? I really want to play this and A2PR but idk.....THe key bindings just put me off a bit.....I mean theres still some that arent used and I dont know which buttons aren't used yet
    sigpic
    <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Re: Not sure whether I want this

I would like to try to help you but not sure what you want to know and what games are you coming from and if its Arma 2 you want to play because right now there is no A2PR to play.

Comment

I'm in a similar indecisive boat as you - Save it's just ArmA2. Play Project Reality, like it. Usually go for the more realistic games, especially those with vehicles. Fancy myself a more chopper oriented person. But...

ArmA seems to be to slow. Further, it has keybinds out the wazoo, which seems unrelenting especially due to the fact most of them do indeed need to be used. Further more, I don't have a scrollwheel - I have back and forward buttons on my beloved trackmouse. That makes menus a pain. Plus... The server doesn't seem to be particularly active, least last I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerofthegame View Post
        I'm in a similar indecisive boat as you - Save it's just ArmA2. Play Project Reality, like it. Usually go for the more realistic games, especially those with vehicles. Fancy myself a more chopper oriented person. But...

ArmA seems to be to slow. Further, it has keybinds out the wazoo, which seems unrelenting especially due to the fact most of them do indeed need to be used. Further more, I don't have a scrollwheel - I have back and forward buttons on my beloved trackmouse. That makes menus a pain. Plus... The server doesn't seem to be particularly active, least last I knew.
        maybe you should look in game tracker more..... there full every night.

to answer your two posts as quick as i can and as easy as i can. This isnt JV football your playing on different tittles here at TG Arma2, this is big boy games and as such you will not find the run and gun that you do in other FPS. yes there are some key binds to learn, but isnt there keys to learn in every game that you pick up and play? i am not trying to throw you off nor and i going to convene you to buy the game, what i am going to tell you is that you will not find another game environment like you do here at TG Arma. Our community prides itself in respect and teaching others the sound fundamentals of tactics that relate to the game itself, there is nothing to fear, because all you have to do it get the game, our community will grow you as a fine digital solider.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

The basic idea is this: Project Reality is a game, ArmA is more like a simulator. Imagine, if you will, that you spend 45 minutes walking to a point on a map, only to be killed by a target you can't see from a position you couldn't engage him from. Then you wait an additional 45 minutes for the game to end. If that's your idea of a party, c'mon in.

Comment

So........it begins...........

On a lighter note PM me and ill be more than happy to show you 1 on 1 how to get acquainted with arma2 ace. It seems daunting at first but EVERYTHING in BF2PR is in arma2 ACE plus more. Im generally on TS3 between 2pm and 2am GMT (-5 EST). Were generally very welcoming, except Dredge who will kill you and stuff your body in one of his choppers as a good luck charm.
            Nihility

Comment

Now hold on Arcto, I'm not very welcoming at all.

In fact I dislike most of you.

Comment

Mainly I'm here for the chips.

Comment

Thanks haha, yeh maybe I'll print out the binding list and stick it to the side of my pc haha, that might work
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                    Now hold on Arcto, I'm not very welcoming at all.

In fact I dislike most of you.
                    Ture, but thats because your style of play , M109 + Jav, doesnt belong here :D
                    Heh.
                    Nihility

Comment

To be quite honest, you do not actully use that many keys. You need a jump key, a crouch key, a prone key, a zoom key for weapons, lean key and map key and thats it. Most other butttons are not that important. You also need t become a master of the scroll wheel action menu but thats easy.
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa......THERES A JUMP KEY!!!??? :p
                        Nihility

Comment

im only aware of going over stuff key
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                            Whoa whoa whoa......THERES A JUMP KEY!!!??? :p
                            I KNEW there was a way to bunny-hop in ArmA2! Tremble before my ability to jump around like an idiot, unable to shoot straight, while everyone takes careful aim at me since I'm such a visible target. :icon_lol:

In any case, about flying heloes: simply put, if one tries to fly a helicopter in ArmA after having got used to fly in an arcade-y game, he is going to die, a lot. If someone tries to fly a helo after having played a helicopter simulator like Enemy Engaged of Black Shark, he is going to find ArmA2 ridiculously easy.:row__573:
                            sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Somewhere on the forums someone posted a PDF file of the ArmA keyboard layout and key functions.

It was for ArmA1 but a PDF program (or some white out and a fine tipped marker) should give you a reasonably good reference card rather then memorizing everything before you start.

Also there are VAC programs (Voice Activated Commands) that greatly simplify ArmA2.

Much easier to say "squad hit the dirt" the find all the keys to get your guys to go prone.

Should work on MP as well IF you bind a different key to your VAC program from your VOIP.
                              [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X