ArmA2 basic helicopter transport 20/3/10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA2 basic helicopter transport 20/3/10

Sign up here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1467588 only 15 students max, so sign up fast.
    Last edited by socomseal93; 03-16-2010, 02:30 PM.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: ArmA2 basic helicopter transport 20/3/10

this class will cover the basics of flying a heli, to a few more advanced techniques such as evasive flying, and what do if your engine dies etc

Comment

Is this for people who cant fly and want to learn? will be it any use for semi experienced pilots already?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

This course is designed for people that cant fly at all.
        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

great
          Jimbo

"Help improve immersion, eliminate the green diamonds and map unit icons."

Comment

damn me already being a good pilot
            If you wanna find me off TG
            Xbox live- fusionpo0
            Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
            Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

Would it be possible to have a few slots for people that already know how to fly but want to follow the theory section of the course?
              Believe it or not I really would like to listen to the theory (since I had to learn flying the hard way, I still lack some of the knowledge since I doubt I managed to experience everything a transport pilot has to do), but at the same time I don't want to sign up when there are players that are new to flying transport and could use the information in the class more than I would.
              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Hey Merula, I am sure there will be 1 or 2 slots still open on the day of the course, just hop in the channel and we will see if we can fit you in somewhere's

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  Hey Merula, I am sure there will be 1 or 2 slots still open on the day of the course, just hop in the channel and we will see if we can fit you in somewhere's
                  Thanks Dredge. Worst case scenario I ask one of the attendees for an abridged version. :icon_lol:
                  sigpic

Comment

Can anyone recommend what should be bound to the joystick/controller? I have very limited experience flying but I find its a lot easier for me using my xbox360 controller vs my logitech extreme 3d flight stick so I wanted to go over the key binds beforehand to be sure I won't be lagging behind during the course. Thanks.
                    I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
                    Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

ok, the basic controls that you will need are:

Rudder
                      Pitch
                      Roll
                      throttle

that is.

Comment

epic mega bump!!!

we still go places boys and girls!

Comment

Given that of the 15 slots there have been only 5 players that signed up, I think it's worth pointing out that if you want to fly a helo ever, attending to this course is probably a good idea, given that no matter the type, all helicopters are flown similarly and transport heloes are usually employed more in missions than attack heloes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh i meant like LR comms, flares, gps, etc. Arma seems to recognize the controller and binds the basic flight controls on the 2 analog sticks, and the mouse scroll menu onto the D pad. I think the right trigger is zoom/fire and there's a map button but i don't think there's a map close button.
                            I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
                            Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

ahhh
                              ok
                              well, mando uses left shift for flares, but there is an option ingame to change those controls

also, the class is being moved back an hour to 4pm est dues to a scheduling conflict.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X