Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireteam HUD released

Gents,

We've just put out an addon that some of you will likely find interesting. The intent of it is to augment your situational awareness in an attempt to make up for the limitations of gaming on a monitor without peripheral vision and all those other things we take for granted in reality.

While some people won't like it because it's not "100% realistic", I think there are many who will appreciate it for what it is, and for them I simply say - have fun! ;)

There is a thread about it over on the BIS forums here with download link and much greater detail.

Sample shot of it in use:

Detailed:

We're open to suggestions on this one, so if you'd like to see something changed/added, feel free to speak up - no promises, but it could happen.

Hope some of you enjoy it. :)

Re: Fireteam HUD released

Looks pretty cool.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

+1 for adding to the TG modpack

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Nice, this is all client side right?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
          Nice, this is all client side right?
          Correct, it simply needs CBA to be loaded (which is needed for ACE2 anyway).

Comment

Will give this a try on my next game.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
            The BigC

Comment

I highly recommend using this addon and making it part of the TG modpack. This addon is a great compromise between SA and realism and provides you with just the amount of information while feeling very natural in the ARMA HUD environment. In my opinion it is good enough to replace the diamond markers and can be used on all difficulty settings to great effect.

Comment

Specifically, it increases the situational awareness of members of a fireteam. Very useful to those of you that like to order specific fireteam-level formations.

Comment

I saw this in a video of yours and thought that it was pretty cool. Really big fan of the fact that you can see your squad members names on your screen as it does get tiring when I am busy multitasking and names have escaped me and all I can yell out is "HEY GUY WITH THE MACHINE GUN". Great post Dys and thanks for providing this for the ArmA 2 community.
                  FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Hello, I'm Merlo* and I endorse this mod.

*star of such classics as "Why alcohol and driving tanks do not mix", and "Dude, where's my little bird?"
                    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

yess I am with merlo on this one!!

sigpic

Comment

Admin team discussion is ongoing, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quick question, I noticed that this uses the basic F2 squad setup, will this differentiate between ft's in a traditional arma 2 squad setup (i.e. SL, FT1, FT2 in one squad) as well?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

No.

Comment

Ok, so say you have a 9 man squad, the radar will only show then the top six members on the list then? Is there any way this could be modded to include larger squad sizes? Please don't mind my ignorance here, I'm not very keen on the ins and outs of mission making. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X