Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAA1 / ACE / TGMAPS Seperation ALL PLAYERS MUST COMPLETE THIS.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAA1 / ACE / TGMAPS Seperation ALL PLAYERS MUST COMPLETE THIS.

Hello All,

IF YOU ARE A NEW PLAYER COMPLETELY DISREGARD THIS POST, THIS ONLY APPLIES TO PLAYERS WHO HAVE ALREADY SETUP YOMA PRIOR TO MARCH 23RD.

As you may know the community has expressed a desire to separate CAA1 and TGMaps to ensure that new players are able to join and test TG without committing to a massive download, therefore going forward we intend to do the following.

You can if desired simply update using YOMA, this will however expose you to a 3GB+ download, therefore to save you the hassle I have created a batch file to complete the work for you.

If you are happy to proceed please follow these steps:

A: Right click this link www.dbclick.net/resolve.bat and select "Save Target As" then place the resolve.bat inside your ARMA2 folder.

B: Double click resolve.bat

C: Run YOMA tools with the following 3 separate URL's. This is a one off shot as we dont intend to amend TGMaps much in the future.

http://sotd.us/dustinliddick/updater/acev.7z
    http://sotd.us/dustinliddick/updater/TGmaps.7z

AT THE END OF THE PROCESS MAKE SURE YOU DELETE EXTRA FILES.

YOU NEED TO ENSURE YOU HAVE ENABLED THE FOLLOWING MOD FOLDERS (YOMA ADD MODSET) :

tgmaps
    acem
    a2t

IF YOU PREFER TO USE A LAUNCHER SWITCH IT SHOULD READ - [email protected]@acem;@a2t;@tgmaps;

Finally if you are 100% sure everything is working you may wish to delete the backup folder in the root of the ARMA directory as this will free up disk space used in the process.
    Last edited by HOTMACHINA; 04-12-2010, 04:56 AM.

Re: CAA1 / ACE / TGMAPS Seperation ALL PLAYERS MUST COMPLETE THIS.

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post
    A: Right click this link www.dbclick.net/resolve.bat and select "Save Target As" then place the resolve.bat inside your ARMA2 folder..
    QFE

Thanks for the batch hot. Helps us out a lot.

Comment

For sanity, this batch file needs to be run from the root of the ARMA2 folder, i.e place the file into the ARMA folder that has your existing @TG folder etc.

Comment

Batch file updated to capture typos.

Comment

The batch file worked like a charm, but the first URL does not work. Is the server still being updated, perhaps?
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Users with Windows 7 with UAC switched on report they have to "Run As Admin"

Comment

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post
              Users with Windows 7 with UAC switched on report they have to "Run As Admin"
              I'm running Windows XP 32-bit.
              I also tried de-activating my firewall, but it's still not working.

Edit:
              to be more precise Yoma tells me that it cannot import the table server.
              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Thanks. Works for me.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Sorry, I don't get this. How do we now check to see whether we are up to date? If I use the Check Addons in Addon Sync now, it returns a Server 404 Not Found error. I've run the batch file but how do I verify that it worked? Did it mess with my user config files? How do I clean up Extra Files now?
                  |TG-18th| Cutter

Long-time Gamer - ArmA 2 Noob - Certified Old Fart

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post

Edit:
                    to be more precise Yoma tells me that it cannot import the table server.
                    Try updating your yoma, that may solve the problem
                    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

When we are all done we should hve 3 addon folders, do we delete the @TG folder ? Hey the old geek got r done, ready to go! not getting rid of the @TG until told to do so.
                      Last edited by ChiefBoatsRet; 03-22-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks Hotmachina, worked like a charm. Appreciate the work with the batch file and the separation of the folders. Makes thinks much more modular. I think this was a step in the right direction!!!

sigpic

Comment

You may be getting the import server problem because it seems the servers are simply being overloaded right now. The ace server is currently getting new files uploaded to it and the caa1 server seems to just be really slow.

Edit, the ace server is just acting funny it seems now, saying there is new files then not...

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

What happens when this resolve.bat file just opens with Notepad?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                              When we are all done we should hve 3 addon folders, do we delete the @TG folder ? Hey the old geek got r done, ready to go! not getting rid of the @TG until told to do so.

Yeah, good question.. do we delete @TG
                              Jimbo

"Help improve immersion, eliminate the green diamonds and map unit icons."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X