How the Admins work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Admins work

Ok you just can't please some people. I would like to brake down how things work here.

Player 1: why do we have so many folders. Lets make One @TG folder so shortcuts and stuff is easier for new players. Alot of people think this is good
    Admin#1: Yeah sounds good
    Admin#2: I don't know
    Admin#3: Wait what...(dredge)
    Admin#1: Lets discuss it
    Player one has been moved from admin channel
    Admin#1: Blah blah blah
    Admin#2: blah blah blah
    Admins POST in secret forums
    admin#3: Wait what...(dredge)
    Admin vote in secret forums
    Admins announce new folder system in yoma
    -------
    3 weeks later

Player#2: That folder is getting huge, new players can't join the communtiy easy
    Admin#1: But alot of you guys wanted the 1 folder system
    Admin#2: HMM sounds good
    Admin#3-4: wait what....(dredge and Socom)
    Player#2: well we need new players
    Admin#1: let us discuss it
    Player two has been moved from admin channel
    Admin#1: Blah blah blah
    Admin#2: blah blah blah
    Admins POST in secret forums
    admin#3: Wait what...(dredge)
    Admin vote in secret forums
    Admins announce new folder system in yoma
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    next day

Player 1-10:WTF why do I have to DL all these links and stuff and run a BAT and ahhhhhhhhhhh
    Admin#1: You guys said to change the folders to help new players and make the DL size smaller.
    Admin#2: Yep
    Admin#3-5: Wait what ....(Jack, Recon, Boon)
    Boon:whats a BAT file.....Pandas?
    Players: 11-20: Great folder system guys new player can join easy now

Jeepo: Where am I? Am I drunk? Where is my pants? (srry man you drunk bastardo)

Morale of story is we can't please everyone. So before you come complaining to us in TS please follow these easy steps.

1: Is it really a big problem. Does me having to click 2 extra time when I update yoma matter
    2: If said problem is important to you go to the CAA forum and post it. I will help anyone in the admin channel but it gets old hearing complaints all day. Thats why we have a CAA forum. Remember admins want to play too.
    3: Please don't join the admin channel for non-sense or to say Hi. Send a poke to say Hi. If you do join a channel and hear people talking, or helping other people please don't interrupt.

Guys we are here to help and as admins take a wee of a beaten. We understand 50%-50% like or dislike what we do or decisions we make. Remember though we don't get paid and we don't work for anyone here. Please give us some room and utilize the forums. Thanks- your panda part extreme sexy admin who hates koalas but will eat them anyway...Boon

Re: How the Admins work

Wait....what?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

lol..Panda?

Comment

That is some funny stuff :)
        sigpic
        Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

This laptop sux and claims to be connected at 36 Mbps......my hairy irish ass it is!!
          Nihility

Comment

lol, admins work?

just kidding...

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Not t detract from the comedy of this but the system has become too complex for new players. I'm sure they would have rather downloaded the whole 4.5gb or whatever rather than go through a 24.5 step process to use Yoma tools for something its not really designed for (3 sep update urls requires 3 sep servers for the same actual server). Another thing is why aren't we using the standard ACE directory structure (@ACE, ACEX, ACE_SM, ACE_PLA etc) that the Six-Updater sync system provides so we don't have repeated files if we want to play on non-tg servers. My arma2 folder is 15.4 GB!
              I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
              Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

Why did the admins create this thread? They are just complicating the forum system with an endless stream of inane posts. No one asked that this thread be created.

Comment

Someone did ask....

Comment

Did the TeamSpeak plugin get updated? At what point do we not use the @Caa1 extension in our ArmA2.exe?

Comment

Thank you boon! I loves ya for this.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

@CAA1 is used only on Alpha server, therefore a new player does not need it to get a flavor of TG and play on Bravo server.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Eightball View Post
                          Not t detract from the comedy of this but the system has become too complex for new players. I'm sure they would have rather downloaded the whole 4.5gb or whatever rather than go through a 24.5 step process to use Yoma tools for something its not really designed for (3 sep update urls requires 3 sep servers for the same actual server). Another thing is why aren't we using the standard ACE directory structure (@ACE, ACEX, ACE_SM, ACE_PLA etc) that the Six-Updater sync system provides so we don't have repeated files if we want to play on non-tg servers. My arma2 folder is 15.4 GB!
                          The single folder system was created due to community suggestion and request. Because we have a different update schedule then most servers out there (we update once a week) it helps to only have one folder instead of community members having to have two different sets of @ACE, @ACEX, etc....

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

This is funny, in a how-will-this-ever-improve sort of way. You need a king. Decision by committee is usually a mess.

But he needs to be a really good king, with mad technical skills. ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, I'll do it.

Kneel before Longtime and be in his good graces! Admins, you are permitted to stay within my court, but when you shoot at me in a TvT you better miss.

Comment

I am king. But when I make decisions people generally get annoyed. So I try to appease. Then others get annoyed. This is just to highlight the job.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X