Make sure to copy userconfig from @GL4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure to copy userconfig from @GL4

Contrary from what I was saying on the server last night, you do seem to have to cut the "GL4" folder from "Arma2/@GL4/UserConfig" to "Arma2/userconfig".

I was testing in singleplayer and got an error until I did this. The problem may not have arrisen last night because userconfigs were provided by the mission if I remember.

EDIT: btw I still get the error "No Entry "bin\config.bin/cfg.Models.default".

EDIT 2: Also what happened to the dynamic weather thing that was supposed to be in the update?
    Last edited by fireship4; 03-31-2010, 02:51 PM.
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Re: Make sure to copy userconfig from @GL4

Awesome, I thought those messages were just initialization messages, but this clears them up =)

Comment

I noticed when i did the benchmarks within the game that some of the sound effects in GL4 sound really cheesey and distorted, screetching sounds like a bottle rocket and distorted explosions just to name a couple. So now we have sound from Acex_SM and the sound effects in GL4 and my question is can I get rid of them and use a sound addon of my choice?

Comment

GL4 doesn't alter weapons sounds, so you should be able to use sound mods. Check out Chammy's Sound Mod (CSM2)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

It doesn't alter them no, but it adds new ones on top of that. Incoming noises, rounds landing near you noises, etc.

Comment

which particular files? I suppose I could just yank them out if I disliked them bad enough.

Comment

Do we actually need to have this activated? Shouldn't it be server side, like Zeus was?
              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I deactivated them in my GL4 userconfig file

Comment

I got rid of them by pulling out the sounds pbo and bisign. Also Chief if you want to use a soundmod of your choice, I recommend first removing ACEX_SM from the modpack folder (@ACEM). You should remove all files beginning with ACEX_SM.

Comment

I believe Dynamic Weather NIM, will be add with Friday's update.

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post
                      Do we actually need to have this activated? Shouldn't it be server side, like Zeus was?
                      Yes and no Merula...the AI features are server side, but it also revamps high command and friendly AI stuff, which is client side.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                      Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
                        Yes and no Merula...the AI features are server side, but it also revamps high command and friendly AI stuff, which is client side.
                        It also has a few issues with ACE apparently: I just tested it out and I think I'll leave it off.
                        I don't particularly like some of the sounds, and the mod overwrites the "Deafness effect" in ACE: I could fire an M240 all day long with no earplugs without having any problems.
                        Also I had friendly AI keep firing at me for some reason. Even though I did not fire on them...
                        sigpic

Comment

I would like to know which parts of GL4 we can gut out on our end. Do we have to use any of it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                            I would like to know which parts of GL4 we can gut out on our end. Do we have to use any of it?
                            Well, as jaynus helpfully pointed out, the AI improvements are server side, so you can play on a server running GL4 even you don't have it. :)
                            The AIs will still benefit from the improved system, while you (the player) don't have to bother with customizing the mod.
                            sigpic

Comment

I still get ear-ring with @GL4 installed Merula.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X