Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Interest in Stock ArmA 2 server

Hey guys,

I want TG to have a Stock ArmA 2 server. How about you?

Many of you still here from back in the days of ArmA 1 have probably noticed that I, and some others, are not making hardly any missions for TG ArmA 2. Personally, I have been very frustrated with our addon management and selection which has lead me to not doing much development for ArmA 2 TG Addons servers.

So, I do some development for stock ArmA 2. I love playing it. Not perfect, not the best sounds, but it works, very well now, especially after the latest patch. Think of all the hours of fun you could having without crashing to desktop 10x.

Join me brothers! Let our voice be heard! Raise the battle flag! <sounds the charge>
    YES
    37.14%
    NO
    54.29%
    Not another one of your polls General, please stop.
    8.57%
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Poll: Interest in Stock ArmA 2 server

Damn... can't vote 1 and 3...

Going onto what carver was saying, I think either a stock server or proper addon management is required. This means not deleting islands a week after they are put in and I really think addons should be approved by the COMMUNITY; NOT the admins alone. This would be largely beneficial to mission makers and also to the community.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

we have a stock ace server.....

surly that is good to use?

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
        we have a stock ace server.....

surly that is good to use?
        HOW DARE you twist my words good sir! I ment STOCK ARMA 2.. NOT STOCK ACE2.

Good heavens man!
        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

i know what you ment. but surly stock ace is just a good a base for missions. as its JUST ace. no other mods or nuthin.

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
            i know what you ment. but surly stock ace is just a good a base for missions. as its JUST ace. no other mods or nuthin.
            I agree.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

That is the reason we have a stock ACE server. Carver, what you think, is there a market for that, as I would love to see some more Carver missions! ;)

Comment

Why would I want to go back to normal arma afer ace has been released :P

tbh normal arma just doesnt have enough features, although some of the features ace provides dont fully work yet, they are getting better, but ive never crashed to desktop anymore with ace than I did with stock arma

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

While I liked SOME of the features of ACE it was the number one reason I quit playing ArmA 2. The nearly hourly updates, fighting with config files, constantly having to readapt due to the new features was just to much for me. I might be tempted to reinstall the game if we had a stock server.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                    While I liked SOME of the features of ACE it was the number one reason I quit playing ArmA 2. The nearly hourly updates, fighting with config files, constantly having to readapt due to the new features was just to much for me. I might be tempted to reinstall the game if we had a stock server.
                    I dont know what ace u were playing, but ive never seen hourly updates, unless a urgent hotfix was released, config files are easily sorted in fact I cant remember the last time I updated mine, and having to readapt to new features keeps the game fresh.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                      Why would I want to go back to normal arma afer ace has been released :P

tbh normal arma just doesnt have enough features, although some of the features ace provides dont fully work yet, they are getting better, but ive never crashed to desktop anymore with ace than I did with stock arma
                      Stock ArmA 2 works more stable than ACE 2 ArmA 2, in general. Also, there are no updates to worry about. But better game stability is the main reason. Also, for mission developers, if they make a mission in Stock ArmA 2, the mission can by played by everyone, everywhere, for the life of the game. Its development time well spent.

Comment

I greatly prefer ACE2. Thats the whole reason I started playing ArmA at TG; TG was dedicated to using ACE to its full potential, and I whole support that. There is, of course, always a cost to being on the bleeding edge; but when, in my eyes, the bleeding edge is so drastically different than even those a little bit behind, it becomes a no brainer for me.

Just my 2 cents :)

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                        Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
                          Stock ArmA 2 works more stable than ACE 2 ArmA 2, in general. Also, there are no updates to worry about. But better game stability is the main reason. Also, for mission developers, if they make a mission in Stock ArmA 2, the mission can by played by everyone, everywhere, for the life of the game. Its development time well spent.
                          A very good observation. However, I've gone back and forth between is vanilla stock better than ACE 2 stock(ask the other admins:) ). I agree complexity and stability are two huge negatives with the current TG environment. However, ACE2 is such a drastic change from a completely vanilla ArmA that in a lot of instances it is worth a little inconvenience. I actually think the ACE release schedule is the biggest culprit in the hunt for stability. A large chunk of the community is essentially in an open beta, but behaving like they are in a final release stage.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I like ACE. I don't like the way addons have been implemented and fiddled with on the servers (no harm meant to the admin team). There's really no easy answer.

Comment

Well if the spirit of the server was to be "standard" then I would expect scripters to make no use of any scripts other than the built in ones for stability reasons.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X