Guess Whos Back.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Whos Back.

So.. I got a new rig because the old one entirely fried out and I'm planning on buying ArmA2 soon.. Should I get just ArmA 2 or also the expansion? And is it better to buy off of steam or buy it in a box from a store?

New rig I got at Fry's, hope I can manage above 20fps with this thing. Any old regulars still playin? And I saw the 'New players' thing in the announcements section, will do all that once I get the game, hope thats all up to date.?.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Also got a huge monitor compared to my last; Samsung LCD TV Monitor 23" 16:9 ratio, everything looks insanely different.. anyone got any suggestions with formatting games to widescreen stuff?

Cheers, hope to be fraggin soon.
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Guess Whos Back.

oh guess who games I love these....

Is elvis back?
    no Jesus is back!
    No wait its the T-rex from the first jurassic park

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Buy the actual DVD. Its actually cheaper than steam. I got mine for $34 shipped from gogamer dot com or something like that. Used a free ship coupon code. Just get ARMA2 for now, worry about the expansion later. We got new maps and missions, vehicles, fx etc from the mod community, don't exactly need to pay BIS for that unless you actually want to deal with super buggy single player campaigns. You will definitely love playing arma on a big samsung monitor. I have a 26" (upgraded from a 4:3 ratio 19") and it makes a world of difference for everything. As for setting up games for widescreen, just make sure you go into the options and set up for the correct resolution and aspect ratio. Some games require a FOV (field of view) tweak for them to look decent with a 16:9/16:10 monitor. Operation flashpoint 2 is like that. You run around and everything looks too zoomed in.

edit: Also theres been some reports of patches, mods, updates not working correctly with the steam version.
      Last edited by Eightball; 04-04-2010, 07:53 PM.
      I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
      Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

Buy it in a box. Welcome back fen... missed ya.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Welcome back Fen. You missed on alot of thing.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

That;s real specific Mr. Pink shirt!

:D
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Thats how he rolls

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It's how we all roll.

Fenian, if you need any help with the new comp, PM me.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                  That;s real specific Mr. Pink shirt!

:D
                  Why elaborate on what he missed?

The more important is to focus on whats he's about to live by being back....

...like having Dredge drag him in a dark room.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Welcome back mate

As long as there is man there will be wars-Albert Einstein

No man,No problem-Josef Stalin

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome,

went to target a hour or two ago, looked for ArmA2 but couldnt find it; got Napoleon TW instead.. (I've been a fan of the series since Rome and had the previous games too)

I still want to get ArmA 2 soon but have no idea where I could pick it up at.. anyone know of any retail stores that sell it?
                      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

welcom back fen we've missed yah!

"im free of all predjudices, i hate everyone equally" -Brad
                        "Fine, ill just talk to my fellow corpses!"-Chris G-AKA Miles Tegg

Comment

Best Buy should carry it.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Woohoo! Alright so went out to Best Buy today and got it (~35$ if anyones curious).. installed it and am currently downloading the 1.05 patch. Checked out the 'New ArmA2 players check here..." thread and got a few more questions now before I try playing it for the first time:

a) What coms are we using nowadays? Thread said TS was dead or something?

b) What other downloads should I do? Nothing was mentioned in the thread as far as ACE or sounds or effects or anything like that however I'm doubting ArmA2 was that solid of a release.

c) Anything different/changed much from ArmA1 to ArmA2? Any quick websites I should check out or anything like that?

d) How good is the pVp now? Box case says player limits 50, around what % of missions played are pvp or coop currently?

d) How long till my MH-6 skills come back, last time I played ArmA I remembered you could do some pretty fun flying in those.

Cant wait to get this all loaded up and back in game.. will probably be on tonight after patch is done and after I get done downloading anything extra I need.

Edit: Saw on Armaholic that theres a Ace 2 Mod, the download for it is called Yoma though and its like a 2kb thing. Wtf?
                            Last edited by 206 Wolfpack; 04-24-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

a) We are using TS3 as of now. All you need is to grab the IP: 74.52.1.234 and Port: 9987, set your nickname, and connect.
                              b) Check out the getting started thread as to how to setup yoma tools (the download client) http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1486837
                              d(1)) Can't really say how good the TvT is since about 9000% of the games are coop as it seems this community hates TvT...

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X