Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Helo Pilot Competetion

ArmA Best Helo Competition 2010

The time has come for you to prove to your fellow ArmA players that you are indeed, the best helo pilot on the block. This competition will pit pilots against other pilots, time, and the environment.

Contest Outline
    • Stage One
      Stage One will be comprised of a race style event. Each "Heat" will have 3 pilots racing against the clock for the overall best lap time. Each Pilot will have to complete one lap around the course and will have a judge riding with them to insure that the course route is followed. There will be marks on the map that signify turns. Any deviation from the authorized course or a crash will result in a 0 score for that event.
    • Stage Two
      Stage Two is centered around combat operations as a Helo Pilot. Pilots will be tasked with navigating to a predetermined LZ and land to simulate picking up troops. Pilots must remain on the deck for 5 seconds to simulate the loading of troops. On the deck requires that the Helo's wheels are in constant contact with the ground. Hovering above will not start your "Loading Timer". Judges will notify you when your timer has started and when you are cleared to take off. This will also be a timed event.
    • Stage Three
      This is the final stage of the event. This stage will challenge pilots to fly NOE (nap of the earth) to avoid enemy fire. This will be done in a straight shot fashion, Pilot's will fly to the the turn around point and have to return to the start point. If a pilot is shot down they will recieve 0 points for this stage. This will be timed as well.

Points System
    In each stage pilots have the opportunity to obtain a maximum of 5 points.
    • 1st Place For Any Stage - 5 Points
    • 2nd Place For Any Stage - 4 Points
    • 3rd Place For Any Stage - 3 Points
    • 4th Place For Any Stage - 2 Points
    • 5th Place For Any Stage - 1 Point
    • 6th Place For Any Stage - 0 Points
    • Crash During Any Stage - 0 Points

The overall competition winner will be the pilot with the most overall points. Should there be a tie for first, the pilots will repeat Stage One as the tie breaker.

Competition Rules
    • All pilots will fly the same type of helo for the entire event. Helos will be picked before the event by the Judges. This means you need to train on all Helo's because you never know what you will be flying.
    • Cheating will result in a forfit of the competition and a kick/ban from the server depending on admin on duty.
    • During "Heat" races at no time are you allowed to intentionally make contact with any of the other helo's during the race. We understand that things happen and you might loose control of the bird. If you feel that you are about to lose control and crash you must say over Team Speak "Stray Bird, Stray Bird". This will let all pilots know they need to pull up and gain altitude to avoid any collisions. If a "Stray Bird" event occurs the pilots will restart the race. If you are the "Stray Bird" and you crash you will recieve 0 points and not be allowed a restart
    • Sportsman like conduct will be shown at all times!
    • Pilots must remain in constant contact with "The Tower". This will help judges keep track of each pilot and hopefully avoid any collisions. If at anytime your comms go down, or you are not answering the radio you will be informed on "Global Chat" to land your bird at the staging area to fix your comms.

WARNING: If a lot of people decide to sign up this event could last for several hours. If you sign up be prepared to fly! If you drop out during the event you will be retain all of the points you earned up until you dropped, but you will not be allowed to enter back in.

As with any TG event signing up is mandatory! If you do not sign up you can still show up in the event that a pilot is a no show. If you sign up you must provide 24 hour notice if you intend to drop out. If you do not you will not be permitted to compete in the next event.

We would also like to ask if anyone is willing to attend to take photo's of the event. The photographer must be able to take high res photos and will be provided with a pilot to take pictures of the helo's during the races.

Event Date: 17 April 2010
    Event Time: 1200 EST
    Event Place: Alpha Server
    Event Server PW: TBD
    Event Coordinator: Dredge
    Judges: TBD

Sign-Up Template

Name:
    IHS (if applicable):

I have read, understood and will adhere to the rules of this competition. In the unlikely event of an accident, or loss or damage to my personal effects, I acknowledge that the Arma Admins will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with this competition and I waive any and all claims against the Admins in this respect.

/signed (your name here)

Competition Roster:

Glory
    Boondocksaint
    Henry Rollins
    johnnymc
    Air Alex
    Impulse 9
    war emblem
    Charles Darwin
    Waldo
    BabylonCome
    LowSpeedHighDrag
    Last edited by Dredge; 04-16-2010, 11:35 AM.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Best Helo Pilot Competetion

I still need to arrange the time off, but I'll sign up and get in the que. But a word, if Henry shows up might as well hand him the trophy and save us all an afternoon. :P

I also would be willing to help judge or fly chase camera instead of competing.

Name: Glory
    IHS: Omega

I have read, understood and will adhere to the rules of this competition. In the unlikely event of an accident, or loss or damage to my personal effects, I acknowledge that the Arma Admins will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with this competition and I waive any and all claims against the Admins in this respect.

/signed Glory

Comment

Just to note to all, I am the reigning champion.........bring it..............

Comment

I am in

Comment

IHS (if applicable): None

/signed AdeptAbyss

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
            I am in
            Name:
            IHS (if applicable):

/signed (your name here)
            *cough

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I am only in if the chopper we get to fly is Airwolf.

Comment

Comment

Is there an Airwolf addon? That would be SWEET.

That was so long ago... daa nanananaa nanananaa lol

Will spectators be allowed? I'd be down for watching some helo races :)

Comment

I can take the photo slot...

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Name:Henry Rollins
                      IHS (Currently Classified):

/signed ame (Henry Rollins)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gungnir View Post
                        Is there an Airwolf addon? That would be SWEET.

That was so long ago... daa nanananaa nanananaa lol

Will spectators be allowed? I'd be down for watching some helo races :)
                        There's ALWAYS an Airwolf addon for BIS games.
                        And a pretty cool DeLorean car addon for Crysis, but that's not important. :icon_bigg

I'm seriously thinking about participating, even though I'm familiar with just a few helicopters and I don't know if I'm THAT good at flying. :p

Edit:
                        Question: the event is taking place at 17 UTC?
                        Question 2: will we have avaiable the map tools to aid in navigation?
                        Last edited by Merula; 04-07-2010, 11:27 AM.
                        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Query: For the race section of the competition, can we have a proper countdown followed by the use of ordnance to single the start? I.e., an Abrams firing off a round or a string of two or three satchels going off? For those of us interested in the coordinated pyrotechnics? Maybe some flares or smoke as well?

Further Query: Could I request taking charge of any said pyrotechnics, if they were to take place?

Comment

I'd imagine the judges will be taking care of that. However, we are looking for a combat photographer like Dredge said - someone who can take good high res in-game pictures of the event. (I'll have to ask Xmaster about that too)

| |

Comment

IHS (Currently Classified):

/signed ame (jonnymc1990)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X