Radio mod and a few questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio mod and a few questions

ive sorted some stuff out and i should be able to play in a week or two i just need a question answering (or a few)

1. are we still using the radio mod

2. if we are could someone recommed a cheap but decent mic for
    me to use so you can hear my terrible voice and maybe even terrible accent (even though its
    not as bad as it used to be).

so in short is the radio mod really really really hard to use or is it just simple as pie ?
    To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Re: Radio mod and a few questions

good to have you back and i am glade that you got everything sorted out.

yes we are still using the radio mod, however it is experiencing some difficulties. As for the mic, I myslef use a crappy $9.00 desktop mic that has a stand, very simple and cheep and gets the job done.

the radio is very simple to use. push a button to turn radio on....talk....push button again to turn radio off. there are two freqs: Long Range and Short Range. takes about a mission to get used to procedure then its like walking!!

again glad your back

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

If you can get yourself setup with a mic in time, consider doing the Task Force Proteus Comms course on the 20th. It's a superb introduction to radio procedures with the plug in and has the side benefit of ensuring you are all set up properly. Highly recommended!

Welcome back!
      |TG-18th| Cutter

Long-time Gamer - ArmA 2 Noob - Certified Old Fart

Comment

I use a USB headset made by logitech, originally for the PS2 for socom navy seals game. Works great, has adjustable volume for the 1 channel (1 ear) headphone and has a mute button for the mic. Good sound quality for both sending and receiving. I like this method rather than having all the TS voices over my main speakers because its easier to adjust the volume and be able to hear the environment more. Also its more realistic. I leave VON on my main speakers so I can get the directional speaking, but just using TS for radios, only 1 speaker is really necessary.
        I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
        Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

USB headsets automatically circumvent whatever soundcard you may have -- keep this in mind if you have an auxiliary audio setup.

Comment

Also USB headsets that can emulate various speaker set-ups (3.1, 5.1, etc.) might have a few issues with ArmA, namely that when the game starts, the microphone stops working correctly (your voice gets all static-y) and you have to reset it.
            sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

hey hash!! Good to have you back! I personaly believe buy cheap buy twice so I would maybe get something half decent and enjoy it longer! I use the G35 from logitech and would not switch back to anything less But lets face it main thing is to get you back in the game and running around as our trusted medic. As for the plugin its really easy to install and setup........sometimes it throws a wobbler ingame but otherwise it rocks!

cya on the field

sigpic

Comment

Welcome back and...YOU GOT A MIC FINALLY??
                sigpic
                "What is it that makes a great soldier?
                Is it his brain or his heart?"
                by Sgt.Mathew Baker

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
                  Welcome back and...YOU GOT A MIC FINALLY??
                  im about to order one but 30 is all i have to spend since i blew my money on crappy splinter cell
                  To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Originally posted by Hashassin View Post
                    crappy splinter cell
                    BLASPHEMY!!!!!! lol

Welcome back bro!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X