Channel Commander NOT returning to TS3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel Commander NOT returning to TS3

The question was raised in a thread over in the TS3 forums whether Channel Commander would see its return in the final version of TS3 - short answer - no. Long answer, well, sort of. A new feature is going to take it's place.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...552#post237552

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: Channel Commander NOT returning to TS3

I hope the radio plugin patch comes soon :(

Comment

Originally posted by C0RM3GA View Post
      I hope the radio plugin patch comes soon :(
      1 week iirc

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
        The question was raised in a thread over in the TS3 forums whether Channel Commander would see its return in the final version of TS3 - short answer - no. Long answer, well, sort of. A new feature is going to take it's place.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...552#post237552
        Well, this is just a let-down. Whisper Lists have some issues and cannot be switched on and off with the press of a button like the good old channel commander could, but at least the TS3 team said it out loud so we are certain that they have abandoned the CC function.
        While I can understand that they want to improve the Whisper function by adding Whispering to entire channels, CC was just that easy to set up and use, by using just two keys.
        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I really hope this TS plugin works because VON is just not really reliable in terms of quality. We are still getting chopping, bad quality, hearing certain parts of sentence or people etc. FYI this is not a rant but just stating a fact.

sigpic

Comment

Please TS devs, get this "Whisper List" thing right...

Comment

Looks like a fix will be coming out soon for the ts plug-in, but if it doesn't work why not roll back to TS2?

Comment

The problem with rolling back to TS2 is that TG no longer has an officially sanctioned server - and the reasoning for switching to TS3 was because TG's TS2 server would not accept new members due to the forum upgrade a few months back.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by seg[TDev] View Post
                  Looks like a fix will be coming out soon for the ts plug-in, but if it doesn't work why not roll back to TS2?
                  Just to clarify, its above and beyond a fix. Its a 100% complete re-write (done the right way). The new code vs. the old code is not even a discussable comparison (Yes, the original code was THAT bad)

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                  Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

I hope that the plugin will have an editable config in the userconfig folder similar to how ACE does. I loved the radio plugin. For me at least, it took about 2 or 3 minutes to figure everything out, and then made communication a whole lot better in general.

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                      I hope that the plugin will have an editable config in the userconfig folder similar to how ACE does. I loved the radio plugin. For me at least, it took about 2 or 3 minutes to figure everything out, and then made communication a whole lot better in general.
                      Missions will have the capability of pre-programming radio frequencies into the radio's for use.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                      Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

I will say I agree. I miss how easy it was to communicate in squad or directly. If I could just get my TSNotifier functioning correctly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X