No announcement yet.

What exactly is in these YOMA updates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is in these YOMA updates?

What, exactly, is in the periodic updates we get thru YOMA tools? Improvements, bug fixes, additions, subtractions, cheat preventions... all of the above?

I've been watching the rev levels on the fixed packages at DevHev and have not seen a change in those in a while but we are always good for a few updates via YOMA every week.
    LawnDart

The second mouse gets the cheese

Re: What exactly is in these YOMA updates?

Ace updates twice a week. We stay on that time frame to match the Ace team. Its the same on almost every ace server. As for what they contain. Bug fixes mainly

Comment

Mostly it's just the ACE updates, but sometimes they will add or remove certain things like islands or units.

Comment

@ACEM = @ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_SM, @ACEX_PLA, and @CBA.
        @TGMaps = Misc/Islands/aditional units, and such, mostly it is just island sets.

As a side courtesy I include the userconfig.tar from @ACE\Store, already extracted in two locations, one in @ACEM\Store\Userconfig\ACE. And in \userconfig\ace (under the root of your ArmA directory, for when ace changes the structure of the ace_client_config.hpp and ace_keys.hpp)

Using Jaynus' Config Tool, you can easily modify these, or when running yoma you can choose to uncheck the Userconfig folder to avoid updaing your settings.

There is a 3rd folder that we do not integrate outside of the mission testing, which follows the same mindset of @TGMaps, but is called @TGTest, this is where we test all new islands/units/models etc. This is not part of the @[email protected] nor @[email protected] yoma autoconfigure distributions.

The only diffrence between @[email protected] and @[email protected] is as follows. @ACEM+TGMaps = For existing TG Members who have been using the condensed folder called @ACEM. @[email protected] = For new people to our community that may be up to date on ace, or one or two versions behind but do not wish to download a single folder condensed version of the entirety of the required ACE folders.

The preextracted userconfig files exist in both distributions.

-----

Now for what is in the Yoma Updates, their change log is pretty sparse, mostly it is UI changes to the actual Yoma/AddonSync program. Some handling of extra mod paths, allowing multiple launch options and using the program as an all in one updater and TS + other application launch station. Useful, not completely but very appreciated by some.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

the reason why the updates are so big is due to the way ace release the files. The fixes themselves are small but they have to re-pack all the affected pbo's which means a fresh download of each affected pbo.

Comment

ace 1.2 released. Next updates going to be even bigger i think lol.
            Last edited by ForGlory&Pain; 05-05-2010, 02:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I will emphatically refuse to call ace by a 1.x or a 2.x version number until they quit updating, they have a build number, and we are working thru a beta. So ... if they decide build 349 ... is now the 1.1 release, no, its still build 349 because lets face it... its just another weekly build.

Named Point Releases from them are just a way to seek a news announcement/armaholic/bi posting that ... if you have not been playing well they updated again.

... version 1.1 is simply 1.1.349 =)
              *no I am not angry or upset over this, but I cant help but laugh since we are going thru a beta and ... for some reason Monday's release is now called 1.1 or 2.1 or some such.
              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Impulse, you continue to be my favorite boarder.

Comment

boarder?

or mabye:

Comment

message board
                    boarder

Comment

Well, yeah. The 1.1-tag (i.e. stable release version) only applies to people actually only playing with stable release versions. For the rest of us it's just another build that on Friday will be replaced by yet another one ^^

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X