Map Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Tools

Hi All, I have read some of your posts about the "Map Tools", it's on the map on the bottom left hand corner, but I can't draw. I see that you say to add (addWeapon "ACE_Map_Tools") but where do I add this ?
    can someone please help me

Rad...

Re: Map Tools

Basically - you have to have the 'map tools' in your inventory for it to work.

if your just messing around in the editor, add this to your unit's init line:

this addWeapon "ACE_Map_Tools";

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Hi Jaynus, we have it in the inventory and we can see it in game. but its always at the bottom left
      corner of the map screen, and we can't draw lines at all. do I have to update my ace keys, or is there a
      key update? because I see that there is on map tools keys in my ace_key folder, just see afterburner,
      GL - adjust up and down, Flashlight, etc..... but no Map Tools keys.

Rad...

Comment

I love the map tools after i figured out how to use them

you can drag the map tools around just left click on it and drag, shift plus left rotates the outer bit to give you mils(bearing basically)

to draw, hold the " [ " key and left click, if you hold both LMB and " [ " you can fre hand draw lines

if you let go of the LMB and hold " [ " LMB again to change color(and again and again etc) when you get the color you want just hold both LMB and " [ " again to free hand in that color

to draw straight lines hold " [ " and Left click..then let go of both(or change color)..and move to another position and hold " ] " yes " ] " this time and Left click again to draw a straight line

to delete any of these lines left click on it and it will become transparent, if you want to delete it just hit the " \ "" key

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Hi mate, yes I can move the compass, but no I can't draw. I think the problem is my ace_clientside_config.phh and ace_keys .phh files are out of date. I have read on TG you must update your .phh files, but I can't find anywhere to update them.
          they talk about the files are in the ace2 folder, but I don't have a ace2 folder.

If your map Tools is working, can you post what you have in your ace_keys.phh file. so I can see if that is the problem.

Thanks Rad...

Comment

Ah. clientside configs no go.

Try this out, makes it easier (read the "Help" button first):

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1464743

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
            Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Thanks Jaynus, I downloaded the files, but the .exe file doesn't work. I think why it's not work is it might be looking for a @TS_mod file.
              This tool will automatically extract and copy the latest ACE configs from your @TG mod folder
              to the correct location,
              Is there any more files I have to download?

Rad...

Comment

Just going to go out on a limb here, Do you have @ACE or @ACEM installed?
                From what I am reading so far you may have ACE installed, but it could be of a much older version, and or your userconfig folders may be throwing errors.
                The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Hi Impulse, Yes I have the files ( @ACE or @ACEM ) ,all the other mods work for ace, but not the drawing mod.
                  It's just not me who has the problem, all the people I talk to at US_SOCOM. Can't get to draw with the compass ether. we all have the latest version.
                  I had a look on the ace site (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation) at the key binding and they have the map_tools keys and in my ace_keys I don't have them.

AT Launcher - Adjust Sights Down
                  Down

AT Launcher - Adjust Sights Up
                  Up

Afterburner
                  CAPS LOCK

Check Wind Direction/Speed
                  SHIFT-K

Clear Weapons Jam
                  SHIFT-R

CQB sights
                  SHIFT-F

Flashlight - On/Off
                  L

GL - Adjust Sights Down
                  Down

GL- Adjust Sights UP
                  UP

GL - Range Display
                  Shift-NUMPAD0

Hand Grenade - Adjust Throw
                  SHIFT-H

Interact With Person or Object

Interact With Self
                  RIGHT WINDOWS1

RIGHT APPLICATION

Map Tools - Line Drawing - Begin
                  [

Map Tools - Line Drawing - Delete
                  \

Map Tools - Line Drawing - End
                  ]

Map Tools - Ruler - Align
                  J

Map Tools - Ruler - Place
                  H

NVG - Brightness Down
                  PageDown

NVG - Brightness Up
                  PageUP

Panic sprint enable
                  NUM LOCK

Rangefinder - Cycle Mil setting
                  ALT-R

Rangefinder - Power On/Off
                  R

Rangefinder - Replace battery
                  CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-R

Thermal Imager - White
                  T

Thermal Imager - Black
                  Shift-T

Weapon - Adjust Sights
                  SHIFT-V

Weapon - Bipod deploy
                  SHIFT-SPACE

Weapon - Rest on object
                  SHIFT-SPACE

So I think I should have them in my ace_keys.phh , I think ??

Do you have the map_tools key bindings in your ace_keys.phh ?

Rad..
                  Last edited by Radiator; 05-12-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Your ace_keys.hpp may be out of date.
                    You will want to check for the following lines, within the \ArmA2\Userconfig\Ace\ACE_KEYS.HPP
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    // Maptools
                    class ace_sys_maptools { // These binds are specific to the map. Other keys will work, but might cause actions out side of the map.
                    class Place_Ruler {
                    key = 35; // H Default
                    };
                    class Align_Ruler {
                    key = 36; // J Default
                    };
                    class Start_Drawing {
                    key = 26; // [ Default, holding to free hand draw, clicking once to place origin.
                    };
                    class End_Straight_Line {
                    key = 27; // ] Default, holding while draging will drag straight line around origin, clicking will draw from origin to that point.
                    };
                    class Delete_Line {
                    key = 43; // \ Default. Do not try to bind this to backspace or delete because the map over rides their calls and it wont work.
                    };
                    };

If these lines are not apparent, I would first suggest you extract the current version of the ACE_KEYS.HPP file from this file.
                    \ArmA2\@ACE\STORE\USERCONFIG.TAR

Once extracted move those files back into the ArmA2's \ArmA2\Userconfig\ACE\ Folder.
                    Reedit your ACE_Client_Config.HPP for name changes, and the ACE_KEYS.HPP for any other key bindings that may be required.

Side Note: If you scroll to the very bottom of your ACE_KEYS.HPP file it should read as follows.

ACE_KEYS_VER = 4; //DO NOT EDIT
                    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Yes, that's what was wrong, the problem I had ( I read on a post somewhere) is some times the updates for ace doesn't add the files to your \ArmA2\@ACE\STORE\ folder ?? they didn't say why. So I got a copy of a mate and all is OK.

Thanks for all your help guys,

Rad...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...