Wow! Arrowhead will have backpacks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Arrowhead will have backpacks!

Hey! Alright! I saw it on a preview screenshot! THANK GOD! BI has listened tot he community and has added backpacks! No need for ACE 2 now boys as far as i'm concerned! Whew!

--added, its also got flares for aircraft finally for missle decoys. What more can you ask for?
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Wow! Arrowhead will have backpacks!

How many years did it take them to take the hint?

Comment

i think they just stole what ace put in :D

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I'm beginning to think Operation arrowhead should be called ACE2 with a couple new toys.

Comment

Unless there are sharks with friggin laser beams on there heads I'm not impressed.

Comment

Aren't you guys happy?

I also heard that BI work with some of the ACE guys or something, but I'm not entirely sure.

Comment

Judging by the amount of ACE content in OA, i would assume they did. However as indicated by this latest screen:
              the inventory system seems to lack any weight or space that your equipment should have, so there is no repercussions to loading up one's backpack with dozens of AT missiles or satchels. I don't think I've ever had an issue with ACE backpacks, its probably one of their best implemented features.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

If the Arrowhead backpack system is able to track contents, and is easily accessible as they have mentioned in development I think it would be a good overhaul to the ACE backpacks... That said I am sure that ACE will remodify to work off of the new built in backpack system and reimplement weight/capacity and possibly the existing models they have developed.

From what I have read/seen The new pack system allows yourself and others to access packs on characters and on ground, while keeping track of what is in them, which is a very nice change.
                The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

I'd like to see you not being able to take stuff out of your backpack if it is ON your back. Unless you are in a specific animation for it or something (but that would still seem odd). If you want stuff out of it, drop it and get it, then put it back on. The things aren't made for you to magically pull out stanags and such from it while it is strapped on.

Comment

To be honest, I couldn't be happier if Operation Arrowhead was simply a repackaged ACE2. Although I love and appreciate (most of) what the ACE team has done, BI has the home-field advantage, and that's important coming from a developer's perspective. A little polish on some good ideas that have, admittedly, been seen beforehand from community mods would be a fantastic expansion pack.

Comment

For you old ACE1 players, those SCARs look familiar? ;)

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                        For you old ACE1 players, those SCARs look familiar? ;)
                        They look an aweful lot like SCARs
                        Really... =/

As for this picture one thing I noticed is if you look in the bottom left you will see the squad leader actually has a working portrait. I wonder if this is just like the main characters from ARMA2 where they had portraits, but it would be very neat to have it so when you spawn in it takes a sort of 'screenshot' of your face to go into that bar, so that you know who's who easier... right?

Comment

Thats cause they are, as well as the M110 (although with a new stock) and the Bradleys, as well as most likely the Stryker MGS and SLAT variants.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                            i think they just stole what ace put in :D
                            Close. BI brought in the ACE dev's.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                            Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

...and you know this how?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X