This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language Reminder

Now im not back seat modding. Im doing this for YOUR benefit.
    The cursing level has gone through the roof last few weeks.
    Yes yes the game is one of war and the txt that appears in the bottom swears all the time but thats not the point. One of these days an admin is going to make an example of someone and deal them a quiet OTT ban as a message to the rest. The occasional "Sh1t!" slips out when under surprise fire, sometimes worse. But lately people have been talking for long periods and cursing the whole way through.
    Dont get me wrong, i love cursing. I incorporate it into my everyday speech. Be it at work, with friends or getting on a bus. But the rule is still there.
    Sometimes while playing you can hear kids (hopefully theirs) in other peoples background as they broadcast. They do not need to hear someone F'ing and blinding because some dope drove into the water.

So to reiterate: I like cursing.
    Its not allowed at TG.
    Someone is going to be made an example of soon.
    Be afraid
    Be very afraid......
    Nihility

Re: Language Reminder

I would like to personally emphasise a few points here.

Its not allowed at TG.
    Someone is going to be made an example of soon.
    Be afraid
    Be very afraid......

That being said. This is everyones last warning. You will not recieve any more from me in game or in TS. It will go straight to a kick/ban. Choose your words carefully.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Can I just say as a newb to this Arma 2 crew. Compared to the coms anywhere else I've been on |TG| these are the most lax I have ever seen.
      Cross talk in mission breifs, talking over some one in game when they say "Break! Break! Contact left." The conversation just never stops. I suggest that people have another app running for all the excess chatter and the Teamspeak Arma channel can be used as such.
      Sorry if this sounds bitchy but I can hardly hear the squad lead sometimes.
      sigpic

Comment

Thats why we try and move into smaller groups in TS. It becomes a helluva lot easier to control when its only 5-7 people in that channel.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

This subject has been brought up one too many times for you not to notice our stance on this matter.

If/when you catch yourself "kicked" without warning from the servers/TS3. You know why.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

As this is a rule that I've seen both regular players and admins disagree with, would Asch be the one to talk to about changing TG's SOPs? I'm not thinking petition-for-the-people, but a deal where we all might leave our name in the hopes of modifying those rules, or even of making them more lax, might have some output.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
              As this is a rule that I've seen both regular players and admins disagree with, would Asch be the one to talk to about changing TG's SOPs? I'm not thinking petition-for-the-people, but a deal where we all might leave our name in the hopes of modifying those rules, or even of making them more lax, might have some output.
              What do you mean by more lax? I think we have let plently slip by in the past. The ones we are concerned with are the big 4 letter ones. A slip up every so often is only human nature, but some of the players like to color sentances with 2 or even 3 of them at a time.

The language policy is here for a reason, and probably wont be changed anytime in the forseeable future scope.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I do find this rule a bit stupid swearing is part of day to day life now, Getting kicked for it seems stupid, but I do understand why the rule is there, excessive use of F**k etc during games really isnt needed, I just hope the admins wont start being nazis about it, the odd slip doesnt desevre a kick or ban, regardless of this warning.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                  I just hope the admins wont start being nazis about it, the odd slip doesnt desevre a kick or ban, regardless of this warning.

We are only human too. Slips are "ok". Now, if you keep "slipping" every 10 seconds then we will start to have problems. But, we understand that when you run over a hill and are looking down the barrel of an enemy tank, "oh S---!" yeah, we know, it happens. Do your best to keep it in check :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...-reminder.html

Its a rule and not that hard to follow, I slip up but some people are just stupid with it and now other players are starting to complain about comms discipline which means we need to start enforcing it better which means stop doing it

Comment

I know I slip a lot more than most of the other admins, so yeah I will be watching it myself ...
                      That being said, we also need to use the post game session to get ready for the next, no more talking about it for 10 to 15+ minutes, that is what the AAR's are for... Excessive blabling about what just happened is mostly unneeded, sure some cool crap may have happened and it is fun to share, but post it in a AAR. This has a far greater exposure to the rest of the players, gives you time to go into some pretty awesome details, and lets the people who may not have been playing seeing what is going on lately. It works in two ways. It brings a structured form of how to talk about the mission with out talking over each other, cuts down on time between the next potential awesome mission, and it will draw people back in to playing so we can get back to our larger missions/more diverse play times and let more people get a chance to be in these AAR/situations that are so fun to talk about.
                      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

This isnt a babbling on TS thread. This is a warning, as a fellow player, to not curse. Its gotten so lax........Someone real soon is going to end up in ban camp.
                        Nihility

Comment

One time at ban camp krause stuck........

Comment

I think we get it. If not we'll get it. Sounds simple to me.

Comment

Exactly as CheifBoats said, nothing about this is rocket surgery. Think before you speak and it will all be okay.
                              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X