TG PR:A2 Server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG PR:A2 Server?

Seeing as PR:A2 is getting closer to realease, I'm wondering if TG will have a server dedicated to this mod?

I find A2 pretty interesting, but I just cant get into it mainly because of all the confusion with lots of different addons that all does something different etc, etc. The bots that is used a lot in A2 puts me off as well.
    PR:A2 should help with that though, as it is a single package mod with pvp focus, and seeing as you always get the best gameplay on TG servers, it would be great if there's gonna be a TG server up when it launches.

Re: TG PR:A2 Server?

I not being an official would not have "official say" on the matter however, a little intuition would tell you that we would have some sort of server, spawned from the joint resources of the PR and ArmA2 communities.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
      I'm wondering if TG will have a server dedicated to this mod?
      We will be supporting PR:A2 from day one. TG will be one of the official PR servers.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        We will be supporting PR:A2 from day one. TG will be one of the official PR servers.
        Well that is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
          Well that is good news.
          Indeed. Please keep an eye to the forums for PR updates and general info. As soon as we get the info we will pass it on to you guys.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hmm. Will the A2:PR server operate separately from the ones currently hosting ACE? Although I welcome the addition of the new players that A2:PR will bring, I'm pessimistic about its effects on the dedicated ArmA community.

Comment

And then there is Operation Arrowhead coming next month that has to be dealt with, unless you think it will go nowhere like Queens Gambit in Arma1.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                Hmm. Will the A2:PR server operate separately from the ones currently hosting ACE? Although I welcome the addition of the new players that A2:PR will bring, I'm pessimistic about its effects on the dedicated ArmA community.
                Well PR is supposed to be completely standalone, so I would be extremly surprised if it didn't get its own server.

Comment

Hmmm, might have to re-install ArmA2 for this.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Hmmm......hmmmm..........hmmm.....What ACE features is the PR mod going to have? Or will it be like stock arma with the PR style maps/gameplay?
                    Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                      Hmmm......hmmmm..........hmmm.....What ACE features is the PR mod going to have? Or will it be like stock arma with the PR style maps/gameplay?
                      Well, noone but the team knows that for certain right now. They are apparantly gonna have a custom weight system though, which will apply to vehicles as well (speed, suspension penalties for heavy loads).

There's probably some more info to be found by digging through the official forums.

Comment

If it's not overly complicated like ACE and they improve on the map selection/vote admin debacle them I'm sold.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

If it's not overly complicated like ACE
                          ACE only seems overly complicated if you start of fresh like now. At the beginning it wasnt that complicated at all. The same for PR. Take a stock BF2 player and drop them into PR and it takes awhile to get used to all the little things that are different.
                          Anywho, it should be an interesting release....
                          Nihility

Comment

the pr server will be hosted along side our other servers, this will make things alot easier for us admins as it will be us that will be running the server.

i would suggest anyone who is interested in this, that they should check out http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440...ral-discussion

Comment

Map Selection - Admin Vote, are core to ArmA2 itself.
                              Voting percentage to pass, is modifiable via server configs.
                              If you are frequenting a server where people cant get a voted in admin, contact the actual admins of that server.
                              That being said, If people refuse to vote in an admin when needed, you are probably playing on a very unproductive server.
                              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X