Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion for Informal Training of Complete Newbies such as myself.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Informal Training of Complete Newbies such as myself.

Hey all. I've recently come into contact on the TG servers with a huge variety of infantry, vehicle and support tactics,
    from heli pilots screaming 2 feet above the ocean at several hundred kilometers per hour, to extremely Danger Close artillery strikes and bombing runs. And you know what?

I loved every bloody second of it.

You know what I would like even more?
    Being able to be one of the few, brave, insane people myself. So here's what I'm thinking.

During non-peak hours, if experienced players have the time and are online, could they take what few new players are around and give some advice, explain how artillery scripts work, give practical helo piloting lessons and generally try to beat the stupid out of us new guys until the server fills up?

This would allow most new guys to be able to fill in for more experienced players if a vital role becomes vacant due to internet problems or irl situations. Sure, you won't see them making a perfect landing in the middle of a hot LZ during night time with no NV goggles on while under heavy AA fire, but maybe they will be less likely to crash into the first shrubbery directly in their flight path.

This is just an idea I toss out because frankly, I want to learn everything you guys can teach me about everything.
    I want to be a mortar loader and hand over smoke shells to provide cover for the infantry section's advance on that sniper-infested town. I want to be an M2 gunner able to deploy and make ready my weapon in less than two minutes. I want to be able to use my ACE abilities at the proper time and in the appropriate context.

I know learning anything takes time, but every little bit helps, and will likely yield more people volunteering for leader roles. Which still scare the bejeezus out of me, I might add. ^_^

So anyway, am I completely off on this one? What do you guys think? Yay or Neigh?

Re: Suggestion for Informal Training of Complete Newbies such as myself.

Hey Kraken, I am glad you had fun! I believe you where on last night and I may have been one of the pilots blowing stuff up :) Anywho, here at TG we have the Tactical Gamer University and the instructors host different classes based on community needs. I believe this weekend we are having a Basic Infantry course that I am sure you will find most usefull. As far as learning other stuff, like tactics, and flight and what not just hit me up on TS around 1800 EST and I will try to help you out as best I can

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

If you need any training, the mission ACE Training Ground was made just for that.
      If we are online and you need to know anything about most of the ACE features and armored/rotary-wing warfare, just ask me. I'm far from the best crewman/pilot, and I don't think I'm that good of a teacher, but I should be able to give you the basics.
      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Dredge, whenever you're piloting a heli, how can I -not- have fun? :D
        Much appreciated for the help offers. This was just in response to the frequence of TGU events. I believe there's about 2 a quarter?
        This is just basically about giving new guys some tips and explaining basic functionality in the game. But I'll take both of you
        up on this offer next time I'm on. : )

Comment

I was one of those helis last night haha! I was the AH-64 screaming over your head at 300mph 10 feet off the ground :)
          Was just showing off after a successful mission!

I've been in a few fire teams with you and I've been the guy barking at you over direct trying to get you orientated haha!
          I'd be more than happy to help you out I'm almost always the first guy on the server during the day because of my timezone. I will go over absolutely everything with you and get you settled in. I'll be on later I'll keep an eye out for you.

Comment

Noticed a few good players showing up of late. Must be something to do with summer. I suggest you guys keep an eye on Kraken and Pigsooie to stick into your squads as there both solid players. Kraken if you have any questions hit me up when im on!
            Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Kraken View Post
              Dredge, whenever you're piloting a heli, how can I -not- have fun? :D
              If you get stuck in the seat next to the dead guy.......I dont know where he comes from, but he always shows up. Just ask soupy. ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

As i said last night while we were flying around, you come to love the dead guy. Hes like a talisman.
                Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                  As i said last night while we were flying around, you come to love the dead guy. Hes like a talisman.
                  Lmao. The lucky dead guy. Thats rich!

"Get in the helo"

"Which one?"

"The one with the dead guy"

"Oh! Dredges chopper"

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I'll be on TS for the rest of the day so if anyone wants training hop in and let me know :)

Comment

I was going to suggest a youtube channel for things like the radio course - it's not something you can run every week. We do have documentation as well, which is enough really for those who aren't too lazy to read it.
                      "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                      So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                      tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                      tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                      tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                      tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Ye when I forst came to TG I read over the SOPs and all that stuff and its a lot to take in, maybe videos on YT could be easier to take in.

Comment

Just to say that I'm completely with Kraken on this one. I need all the help I can get, I was a pro at OFP back in the day, but this fancy new pretty stuff is much harder.
                          Those who lean on bayonets are the first to get the point.

Comment

Hey Kraken good game the other night,your a good player and anytime you see me in game and have a few questions you would like to ask,go ahead and ask them,I'll always try to provide what knowledge I have on the subject to help out,and that goes for all other new players as well,happy hunting :)

Comment

TFP (Task Force Proteus) squad can offer mentoring on any and all tactical topics, including one on one sessions. Contact one of us when we are on.

We are also planning on running some new classes shortly. One class I am trying to get started is a "warrior leadership course" - essentially an NCO course. Unlike the other TFP courses, this will involve personalized field testing, including the candidate leading a fireteam and squad while TFP instructors watch for mistakes and then grade and offer feedback accordingly.

- Krause

For general information I also recommend reading these guides:

For a quick overview of tactical play and procedures at TG:
                              http://www.krauselabs.net/dump/KrauseGuide.htm

For more in-depth coverage of all tactical topics:
                              http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X