Teamspeak3 beta 23 - Channel Commander is back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak3 beta 23 - Channel Commander is back

Apparently, the TS3 devs have finally fulfilled their promise to restore Channel Commander (which was a key feature in TS2 to make our comms structure easier). From the dev post:

"The whisper system of TeamSpeak 3 was lacking the flexibility that was available in TeamSpeak 2, so we rewrote great parts of it. For example we had multiple request for a "Channel Commander" like whisper functionality, this is now possible: Simply create a new channel group (e.g. name it "Channel Commander"). Then go into the whisper list setup, and add a hot-key to whisper to this new channel group - that's all it needs."

When I asked the question, "does it work??" the response I've been getting was "sort of..."

Has anyone else used the beta 23 and tested CC?

WARNING: Unfortunately, the client AND the server need to be upgraded simultaneously. If you upgrade only your client, you will have problems with other non-upgraded TS3 servers. Admins, maybe test this for deployment on the TG server soon?

Ripped off from an IRC:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=55001

...and...

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=55002

Re: Teamspeak3 beta 23 - Channel Commander is back

This is indeed good news. However, it still looks to me like you are just using a whisper list with a fancy new name. Maybe I am just too slow to understand.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      This is indeed good news. However, it still looks to me like you are just using a whisper list with a fancy new name. Maybe I am just too slow to understand.
      Looks like it is just another type of Whisper list. But just by the description alone it would seem easier to set up. Wheter it actually works or not, I can't say.
      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Once the radio plugin finally comes out we won't even need to channel commander =)

Comment

From what i'm reading are they are just saying to add channels rather than players to your whisper list. This is already possible in the current version but doesn't really do what we need it to.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

TS3 server is being updated tonight. So we can put this thing through its paces

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

There are several usability issues with the new version - it's part of the way there, but still a good distance away from being used as CC was in ye olden TS2 days. It seems that they're at least interested in the idea, so perhaps suggestions will get it the rest of the way towards usability. The main problem right now is that you can't define how many levels up or down you whisper, and you can't mix channel whispers and group whispers - ie, you can't whisper to just "channel commanders" in the channel family you're in, instead they'll go to ALL channel commanders, regardless of channel. When you use the whisper up/whisper down features, they go to ALL channels in the direction specified. There's also no hotkey to enable/disable user modes. Once those things are added, though, it will be a pretty powerful solution. Whether it will matter by that point (with A2TS3 so close to being usable) is a different question...

Comment

So disappointing. Can't say I am surprised though - the TS3 plugin that jaynus and nou are working on should make all com issues moot once they manage to hammer out the final bugs.

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  found a work around... you need to set your hotkey for the channel command to the": Whisper - Activate - History Reply" as well

This allows you to whisper to anyone that has whispered to you in the past 5 minutes (time is dependent on settings but 5 is the default)
                  This means when someone whispers to blufor command channel the commander can instanly reply back!

this could replace the a2ts3 plugin unfortunately... and from what the devs said they now have the foundation to fully restore channel commander to what it was

Comment

Originally posted by waldo170 View Post
                    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    found a work around... you need to set your hotkey for the channel command to the": Whisper - Activate - History Reply" as well

This allows you to whisper to anyone that has whispered to you in the past 5 minutes (time is dependent on settings but 5 is the default)
                    This means when someone whispers to blufor command channel the commander can instanly reply back!

this could replace the a2ts3 plugin unfortunately... and from what the devs said they now have the foundation to fully restore channel commander to what it was
                    Good to know there's a workaround, but still: why should we have to work against the program and what about people (like me) that cannot get the Whisper funtion to work (even after having tried every possible combination of steps provided by those to whom the Whisper function works fine)?
                    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Basically (as Sandiford has explained it to me) a new User Group needs to be set up for this to work properly. Users would need to switch back and forth from this user group, but I'm pretty sure it can be bound to a key stroke. The Global admins have been contacted about this.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

On an unrelated note, where did you get that TS3 skin?

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=TS3+skins

google is your friend :D

Comment

Then apparently google only works with acronyms, not with whole words.

EDIT: blah, I like the dark tone of it but the yellow kinda puts me off X_X

Comment

I still dont understand TS3.....what were the devs thinking?

"Hey ive an idea!! Lets take our product, TS2, make it less functional and un password-able.....BUT WITH SHINEY BUTTONS!!!!!"

^^^
                              Picture taken outside the TeamSpeak HQ after the TS3 epiphany
                              Last edited by Dredge; 06-04-2010, 10:26 AM. Reason: Keeping The Soup Down
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X