anyone use HiFi Sound modules ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use HiFi Sound modules ?

Is there some special way of installing these ? I've downloaded them and each one is in its own mod folder such as @HiFi_SFX and i've setup up the target correctly on the arma2.exe but when i fire guns it still seems to use the default sounds.

Someone suggested removing the ACE_SM files from my acem directory and this changed the gun sounds but i think it changed them back to the original BI sounds.

Is there some kind of special way to install if you are using ace or something ? there is a mod folder called @HiFi_ACE which i also have in my target line... is this meant to go somewhere specific ?

Any advice would be appreciated !

Re: anyone use HiFi Sound modules ?

Is there any userconfig files that came with that? If so you need to make sure they are in the userconfig folder. There is nothing special you have to do as far as installation. As long as the folder is in your main ArmA directory and the folder name is called in your target line. As long as its in the main directory and you have @"Your Folders Name" in your target line it should work. As far as it overriding the ACE_SM sounds I am not sure. I have never used that particular sound mod, I use CSM2 and it overrides all the ACE stuff by default.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

mod folder -> addOns folder -> addons
      e.g.
      @mod/addOns/addon.pbo

addOns folder must be called just that, others can be whatever. when you understand mod folders it's simple.

Personally I have a @hifi folder and all the pbos in there (inside the addOns folder ofcourse)

There are some issues when using with ACEX_SM so keep that off, using the default folder structure is much better for that than the TG-all-in-one

Comment

Originally posted by Sandiford View Post
        mod folder -> addOns folder -> addons
        e.g.
        @mod/addOns/addon.pbo

addOns folder must be called just that, others can be whatever. when you understand mod folders it's simple.
        AFAIK, all the folders should already be laid out correctly, at least they where for CSM2. But yeah, I forgot about the addons folder. Thanks Sandi

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I've tried multiple things now and the sounds are still not working !

At the moment i have all the pbo files in a folder called addons which is then place in another folder called @HiFi which is in my Arma 2 directory. Im doing exactly what i do with other mods (which all work fine) but for some reason the sounds just don't seem to work. I don't know if its because of an ACE issue or just not at all ?!?!?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X