Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Song - Important Message

Hey guys,

I found a great video the other day. This song is by Leslie Fish, an American Folk singer. It is about combat marksmanship and the waste of rapid fire. Something we all need to remember when out their slaying A.I., or each other. Now I know some of you might be a little afraid of Leslie, but just get past that and listen to the words. Very powerful.

Have a listen...
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Great Song - Important Message

I like this song... :-) But then again...I like a good HOSE DOWN too!

Comment

Oddly perfect.

Comment

Nice find GeneralCarver. That was a pretty amusing song to listen to. :icon_bigg
        Yeah, leave the "hosing down" to the guy with the M249. ;)
        sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

You know, I have to agree with this song. I think I have RARELY ever played a TvT mission where I rapid fired on a group of people and it did any good. I think there is real truth to the combat philosophy of making each shot count as much as you can.
          Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

when PR started supression effects I hosed them down good with a 249 at any chance. In arma2 there are supression effects that are quite signifigant, but because they are not visual most people forget about them.

That all said, I'd only use the deployed 249 or a compact AK (tight groupings, low recoil, big mags) for spraying full auto. The 240 I never spray with.

My gripe is spraying when you don't actually see a viable target to supress or kill. Thats just silly and wasteful. AI and players simply don't get scared by inaccurate (more than 10ft away) fire because real lives aren't actually on the line. There's "violence of action", and then there's violent-"looking" action.

Comment

Honest to goodness, accuracy and marksmanship is all good if you're the DMR, Sniper or even a rifleman firing on a single target, but in a firefight... bullets are a lot cheaper than lives, that's for sure. My expectation with an assault rifle is that I will burn 1-3 clips per individual in a contact and if on the 249/240 at least two belts/boxes per contact. The ARMA 2 AI reacts well enough to supression that it makes the expenditure worth it, provided it aint a falcon mission with no ammo. ;)

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
              -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

Man.. guess u guys are all sold on spraying and praying. Think about it. All those rounds your putting over someone's head or around them, and all they have to do is lock onto your position (which is easier cause your firing away) and then get one good shot on you. Guess there are times and places firing a ton is necessary as well as making each shot count. Depends on the situation.

Comment

A lot of spraying and praying is better than a lot of headshot junkies.
                  PR players don't shoot enough at all; if they don't have a headshot, they don't shoot and they often don't even look around.

Comment

A10 doesn't fire single shots :)

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                      A lot of spraying and praying is better than a lot of headshot junkies.
                      PR players don't shoot enough at all; if they don't have a headshot, they don't shoot and they often don't even look around.
                      Hey yeah, good point. She should make a song about looking around during combat and watching your flanks!

Comment

Comment

LOL
                          ( bunch of down home curses here )
                          Thanks
                          You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                          So that when they turn their backs on you,
                          You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Rearden View Post
                            Honest to goodness, accuracy and marksmanship is all good if you're the DMR, Sniper or even a rifleman firing on a single target, but in a firefight... bullets are a lot cheaper than lives, that's for sure. My expectation with an assault rifle is that I will burn 1-3 clips per individual in a contact and if on the 249/240 at least two belts/boxes per contact. The ARMA 2 AI reacts well enough to supression that it makes the expenditure worth it, provided it aint a falcon mission with no ammo. ;)
                            If you do that inbetween the first firefight and the 7th you would be out of ammo, not how we are tought to fight in RL

Comment

Supress or be supressed
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed