About the bradley friendly fire tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the bradley friendly fire tonight

Sorry about that, there was some misunderstanding between myself and the others involved. It was a complete accident and wasn't intended.

Re: About the bradley friendly fire tonight

Nothing serious mate. Still wondering why you took off in a hurry by fear of being kicked. We aint THAT crazy about FF. As I told you on TS, sometimes...well...sh*t happens. No one is blaming you and nobody's gonna hold grudge against ya. I've done it, anyone done it. Friendly Fire is part of the game. There's worst things in life.

Its not like you ate my stash of cookies anyways...

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Just don't eat his cookies and wear his pink shirt...that will rub him the wrong way. :P

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Just so you know, when you're a commander or driver in a vehicle, right clicking orders gunners to target certain things. Right click also happens to be the 'focus' button, so...

It's mainly a feature for when AI are in gunner spots.

Comment

Everyone has done it at some point, not everyone has stepped up and admitted it. Take it as a lesson and move on past it cause it will happen again at some point.
          The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

We were sat in a Bradley at base and the tank knocked us for 6 with what I can only see as an Alt-Tab bug.....

Then we tried repairing the Bradley with a repair truck, AJ slightly hit the APC with the truck and they both went up in smoke...

Then once we acquired another APC, the driver rolled it on one of those invincible rocks....

And you thought your night was bad....

:)
            [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

Dude relax it happens to everyone just as long as its not intentional :)
              Me and DD were in a Cobra recently he was gunner and me pilot.
              He saw targets in his gun camera and asked me should he engage, I looked through the gun camera and considered them enemy and we opened up. Only got 1 of them I think before we realised they were friendly.

So it can happen to anyone especially in vehicles when its hard to make stuff out

Comment

Originally posted by Kief View Post
                So it can happen to anyone especially in vehicles when its hard to make stuff out
                Hmm. Maybe they should add in IR Strobe lights to ACE *wink,wink* that could really help with getting a positive ID on friendlies *wink, wink. nudge, nudge*

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

IR strobes are already in. Not entirely sure if it's possibly to mount them on vehicles yet, though.

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                    IR strobes are already in.
                    I know. It was a subtle hint to start using them. And no, I dont think you can attach them to vehicles yet however, if the Tank Commander is wearing one and is turned out then viola, IR strobe on the track :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I think that as long as one crewman has an IR strobe on, the entire vehicle will be visible on NVGs.
                      In any case the real problem is not if we have Strobes, but how to convince most players to actually use them: almost every time I'm ordered NOT to turn them on UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, because "they are not necessary", "they are annoying", "we always ID our target first and always know where the friendlies are, etc...
                      sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

If you cant tell the difference between friendly and enemy armour.....well i dont know what to say.
                        Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                          If you cant tell the difference between friendly and enemy armour.....well i dont know what to say.
                          Well, that's true as well.
                          Then again, having a vehicle blinking in the NVGs helps not firing, and taking time to properly ID a target before firing helps avoiding blowing up a friendly squad on a nearby rooftop. :icon_bigg
                          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                            Hmm. Maybe they should add in IR Strobe lights to ACE *wink,wink* that could really help with getting a positive ID on friendlies *wink, wink. nudge, nudge*
                            Obviously haha! This was at day time no one had them on and I dont think they even had them

Comment

Yeah the IR strobes are pretty anoying but do help. I think they should only be switched on when friendly armour or CAS is inbound.
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X