Regarding TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding TS

I haven't played arma in quite some time, I used to play arma I a lot but haven't had the chance until recently to play arma II. I have noticed though that the TS discipline is somewhat lacking the last couple of evenings from what it used to be. What happened to keeping any non essential chatter to text typing and reserving voice to critical information and command. In the last few evenings I have noticed repeatedly people rambling about non important subjects but also refusing to stop talking when command is talking or if someone is attempting to make a contact report.

I understand that in some cases it's not always that big a deal such as when everyone is in separate squad channels, it's a game and it's meant to be fun. After all last Sunday our fight through the dark Transylvanian "woods of peril" wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without the random TS chatter that made it a non stop laugh for 2 hrs. However that being said, when there are 20 people in one channel and some are trying to focus on the mission while others are rambling on about things are un-important it really takes some of the immersion out the sim experience.

I hope that I'm not coming across as whining because that's not my intention. Commanders and admins should really try to enforce the TS chatter because sometimes it's not such a bad thing to tell people either to shut up or get out. TS should not be used as a means of expressing every random thought that comes into your head in the course of a mission. If it's not pertinent that type it. There are times when it's fun and even hilarious but for the most part it takes away 90% of the time from the experience.

The video that corporal cody posted was awesome, not only in terms of the engagement but mostly the comms discipline being used... it made it alot more fun to watch imo.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...ame-video.html

Just my $.02

Re: Regarding TS

Thank you for your observations. I think alot of the problem (from what I was able to see) was that all the players where all sitting in one channel, instead of breaking up into squad channels. Last night, when the squads where divided into the right channels the chatter stopped. I think everyone needs to be aware of this. We have squad channels for a reason. USE THEM. If you jump on and everyone is playing a mission in the same channel step up and say "we need to split up into our squad TS channels." This is the only way we can cut down on non mission chatter. Once the round is over, move back to the "Primary" channel and chat away as the next mission loads. Once its loaded and you are assigned a squad move into your respective channel. Rinse, and repeat.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I have really noticed this aswell. Its only happened recently. The comms discipline is breaking apart and people are starting to ignore admins or trying to test them by continuing to talk or keep typing in global or side when told several times not to.

I know that theres a lot of new people here too and theyve been doing a lot of chatter or cluttering up the comms with what they think is helpful info but a lot of it is useless info. I know theyre only trying to help and they think they are doing it right but the discipline really needs to be brought back into it and the new guys to be told how it works.

Comment

With A2TS coming this week, I think we'll see some of those problems taken care of by default.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=665

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Just because a new communication/radio method is coming out and it will be easier to talk with does not mean that unnecessary comms are to be tolerated in excess. Right now things are abhorrent, when people are trying to play, we are not looking to hear your life story in game or how your dog is having relations with your family members.

Clear the comms, keep things to the minimum needed to keep traffic down and as valid information as possible. We are not looking for mil-speak nor super concise communications, but to the best of your ability.

--edit-- Admin Abuse from self propelled thread derailment.
          Last edited by Impulse 9; 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM.
          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

What Impulse said, exactly

Comment

Thank you for the comments, it's good to know that I'm not alone :). Another thing that people really need to keep in mind is that just because people aren't talking in TS doesn't mean that there is nothing being said on VON. As VON is already hard enough to hear especially direct chat it really compounds the problem. It's too bad you can't make people take a test on the TS rules and regulations before being able to speak :)

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                Just because a new communication/radio method is coming out and it will be easier to talk with does not mean that unnecessary comms are to be tolerated in excess. Right now things are abhorrent...
                We are in complete agreement, though I may not have made my original point crystal clear. Getting communications under control must be a community effort - not just one that the admins propagate - we all must play a part in letting it be known what is acceptable behavior on our servers.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
                  With A2TS coming this week, I think we'll see some of those problems taken care of by default.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=665
                  I don't think that guy is part of the dev group or knows the actual release schedule.

Comment

D'oh, I must have gotten him and NouberNou confused, my bad!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X