Domination 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination 2

I just wanted to comment how impressed I am with Domination 2.

The mix of enemy units and their ability to respond via air/arty/infantry, and the perfect balance of random patrols, and the extremely interesting side missions and secondary objectives (it's not just "blow up a radio tower" now fellas)... it's just over the top fun.

With proper command and proper grouping it's everything I love about COOP, except it's written by a professional and doesn't crash.

I would like to see it played more, and I would like to see it ALWAYS led by a CO, so it retains a "tactical" side rather than squads or individuals randomly doing whatever they want. I must warn, however, that it is extremely challenging to CO and alot of work. Perhaps rotate the CO after every objective to spread the responsibility?

Anyway, with proper squads and proper TS channels, it's just a blast.

Re: Domination 2

Has domi changed in the week or so I havnt played, Last I seen it was just the same as domi 1 but with weird weather effects and the idea of tactical domi never works...ever, we have tried so many times, but domi and tactics are like chalk and cheese as they say

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

There's only one thing I love more than cheese... and that's chalk and cheese.

And Avengers, and Blackhawks, and Everon, and calling in arty on a T-72, and AI with counter-arty, and finding a hidden vehicle in an enemy base, and having a reason to use my weapon more than once every three hours, and random weather, and a second chance if I die, and JIP, and AI paradropped right where it hurts me the most, and scrambling for a Stinger so that damn Hind will quit strafing me... etc. etc.

All in Domination 2. ...and there HAVE been Domi nights that have been tactical and cohesive, it just takes a little more effort. I like no respawn infantry-focused missions, I like TvT, and I like Domi. I would like to see it occasionally on the rotation.

Comment

Domination2 missions (yes, more than one type) are already in our Bravo server and including wait for it......a TvT version.

*Remember to disable @TGmaps when joining Bravo server.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Sooo... when can we expect Domination Celle on Alpha? :icon_bigg
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post
            Sooo... when can we expect Domination Celle on Alpha? :icon_bigg
            Yes me want!!! o.O

Comment

tiocfaidh ár lá
              kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiief!!!!!!!! :p
              Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
                T ...and there HAVE been Domi nights that have been tactical and cohesive, it just takes a little more effort.
                It's funny that it takes more effort when it really should take less. Every element of a standard coop, with the ease of join in progress and adjustable squads.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I personally like Domi, I think it's a great mode to play in casually but it's also an excellent tool to train new comers in in a very non threatening way. If you die then it's no big deal rinse and repeat until newbies get the hang of it. As far as tactics go, it is what you make of it... In my opinion Domi is perfect game mode for ARMA it creates a sandbox world to play in with all the weapons and vehicles needed to succeed but it also requires the leadership necessary to corral everyone and everything into a cohesive fighting unit... Is that not what TG is all about?

As with every other mission here, it has it's place but I think that dismissing it out of hand missing a great opportunity to attract new players to the community. When I first started playing Arma I played Evolution almost exclusively because it made it easy to learn the sim in a very forgiving environment. If I hadn't had Evolution to play on I probably would have just put it aside and never played it again but instead I found TG and learned to love the game for all it's flaws.

just my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                    kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiief!!!!!!!! :p
                    Damn right! :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement