Check your Mod-Lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your Mod-Lines

The following list is a partial list of a few things that while not all wrong are definitly not helpful, if your name is on this list, please double check how your modlines are configured and correct if able. Certain content may also need to be removed to help with your and other's experience on the TG servers.

The Reason I have created this post is to simply help with some issues that may transfer into affecting yours or others gameplay. Some of you I have already spoke with about this in TS and it has been corrected. For those of you with the older mod folders such as @TG, @TGMODPACK, @TGACE, I would suggest you delete these as they are unused.

This is in no way meant to call any of you out, but to help resolve any potential issues that may be affecting yourself and your peers.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    [A2T & A2TS3.b]

HellHound CA;@acem;@a2t;@tgmaps;
    Misa CA;@tgmaps;@gl4;@acem;arma2ts\arma\@a2t
    GJames CA;@acem;@gl4;@iraqiarmy;@jtd;@landtex;@tgmaps;@tg\arma2ts\arma\@a2t;@littlebir

[Double ACE/Duplicate Mods]

Nob0dy CA;@tgmaps;@acem;@pistolfied_tracers;@mapplus;@dc
    MapPlus in ace ? (minor - ace includes map tools, double integration may lead to conflicts in versions)

Jespernilsson uses modified data file - CA;@ace;@acem;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;@cba;@tgmaps
    Proffitt CA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@CBA;@GTDnight;@TGMaps;@ACEM
    Seiler CA;@acem;@tgmaps;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;@ace;@cba
    Jaze89 CA;@ace;@acem;@acex;@acex_pla;@cba;@hifi_ace;@hifi_air;@hifi_sfx;@hifi_vehicle_
    |TG-18th| Dondero CA;@ace;@acex_sm;@acex_pla;@acem;@acex;@cba;@tgmaps;beta

TheOneKilla CA;@cba;@tgmaps;@warfxp;@acem (Two Versions of CBA (included in @ACEM)

|TG|Ben CA;beta;@tgmodpack;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@cba;@tgmaps;@isla_duala;@acex_pla

[Missing Content] (this category is very minor, and not generaly a problem)

[LITCON] LIUC CA;beta;@cba;@ace;@acex

[Outdated Content]

|TG|Ben CA;beta;@tgmodpack;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@cba;@tgmaps;@isla_duala;@ace x_pla
    Tomas CA;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;@tgmaps;x\caa1\arma_objectscti;x\caa1\arm
    High Caliber CA;beta;@vopsound;@acem;@tgmaps;@tgace

[Your Modline makes me cry]

|TG-OG| Mkoll CA;-nosplash;;@TGmaps;@acem;@IVD;@WW2;@CONV;@CSM2
    -- Mkoll - Remove the -nosplash from the middle of your modline, it is looking for a folder named -nosplash, thats not good, double ;

David uses modified data file - CA;@acem;@tgmaps-nosplash
    -- David check your shortcut, add a space between @tgmaps and -nosplash, right now it is looking for a folder named @tgmaps-nosplash

Mask Barios CA;@ACE;;@ACEX;;@CBA;;@ACEX_PLA;;@ACEX_SM;;@Duala;;@tgmaps;;@WarFX_Particles_Be
    Excessive Double ;; (Duala included in @TGMaps - may conflict with TG Version)

----- EDIT -----
    People Removed from List, for Checking In/Confirming Setup!

Arnatious
    |TG-18th| ChiefBoats.ret
    Falcon
    MassaQuil
    Valtasar
    Slumdog
    {GSF} 1SG Ironman
    AgentMongoose006
    Lil' Pappy
    Last edited by Impulse 9; 06-11-2010, 02:43 PM.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Re: Check your Mod-Lines

Thats the way Yoma sets it up, I set it up in yoma just to see and it leaves the ; on the end. I manually took it off, we'll see if it stays off

Comment

Yeah, of all of them I am very unconcerned with the double ; issues.
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Impulse is Doing It Right.

Comment

I don't have double ;; in my mod line :S.
          Impulse what do I do to make it all better? My modline:
          -nosplash; -world=empty; [email protected];@acem;@IVD;@WW2;@CONV;@CSM2

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Remove the ; after each word that is not a mod so
            -nosplash -world=empty [email protected];@ACEM;@IVD;@WW2;@CONV;@CSM2

Comment

It's actually possible to remove the extra ";" at the end of the mod-line when setting up the mods to use with yoma: double-click on the custom modset, go into the mod string window, remove the last ";" and save. Modifications done in the "Mods to use for launch" box are not saved, so removing the extra ";" won't work. :)
              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

yay im on your list ! btw the files dont actually have anything in on mine their just empty
                To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

I remember Skin once connected after having someone fix his modline with Team Viewer and it contained @Poo
                  My, how we all chuckled at that, hurp de durrrrp
                  Nihility

Comment

Very helpful post Impulse, thanks for the effort
                    sigpic

Comment

Do I have to get rid of MapPlus? It a really nice addon.

Comment

I believe ACE2 already has MapTools incorporated into their addons.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Mapplus is part of ace, so in one way I would say yes, but untill it breaks for you or is known to cause issues, no. I know that the version of mapplus that is out right now relies on cba, due to the frequent changes with CBA, its not to be unexpected that mod reliance on it with mixed verisons and the same mods may break one another at some time in the future. That being said, I would remove it and just pick up the map tools that are supplied in some of the missions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X