TG: ARMA II Gameplay Highlight Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG: ARMA II Gameplay Highlight Video

Hey guys it's been a pleasure playing with all of you thus far. I took a break from playing tonight and trolled though a few hours of video I recorded via Fraps and decided to cut some of the more interesting bits into a highlight video. I will specifically be using footage from several Embassy & Fallujah runs (with three short clips from Iron Claw).

I'm very new to editing and am not using the best tools (Windows Live Movie Maker XD ) so please let me know what you think!

Re: TG: ARMA II Gameplay Highlight Video

The first video where I see my name! Ok, only in chat but better than nothing hehe.

Layout/Style-wise: no suggestions, I'm terrible in editing.

Content wise suggestions:
    Nice views, shooting, explosions, defense, offense, vehicles. Missing was good (voice) chat, which goes with terrible music. I'd want to hear (and understand) more of the voice chat maybe with some very precise instruction given under stress (like middle in a battle) that would also show some of TGs tactical coolness, and less background music.

Comment

Hegway thanks for your feedback. I actually had set the video to Uprising by Muse originally but YouTube automatically cuts your audio track if your using a song that isn't covered by their ad supported system. So last minute before work this morning I threw some Ferry Corsten on there and re-uploaded. Taste aside I see what your saying about having the team speak dialog louder.

Comment

Seconded about the TS dialog being louder, I actually re-watched it with uprising instead of what you have on there now and I have to agree: it's much better. :P

Secondly, props for actually trying to use windows movie maker for anything more complicated than splicing clips together, it has to be the single worst video editing tool I've ever seen.

More constructively, you only used crossfades; this is a good thing. Every time somebody uses some stupid checkerboard or swirl fade, I die a little on the inside, so thank you for that.

Comment

Editing-wise, I don't have anything to say: as Zonr_0 said, the crossfade is a good thing.
          Content-wise I think you chose some good clips and, again, don't have any criticism.
          About the music: I agree it's a bit too loud (not excessively though), but otherwise I think you chose a good track (and this is said by someone that doesn't listen to this type of music) to go with the action in the game.
          All in all a solid highlight viedo. :icon14:

Edit:
          also, the landing at 5:10 with the Mh6: the approach was correct, but with the Littlebird it's important to have the helo perfectly level when doing a running landing :)
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Dude. Ferry Corsten. Do you also listen to Infected Mushroom, Shpongle, Sasha and United World of Afterclub? That ambient/trance/electronica stuff is all radical. Granted I prefer metal, but nice, nice choice on the music.

The video is good. I was just chuckling to myself counting I think 3 Negligent Discharges of firearms. Granted there were tense situations but it was more of a case of guys having guns to their shoulders and accidentally clicking/being twitchy I think. I wasn't there but reviewing the video it is funny and to a casual observer might not make sense as to why people are shooting a single shot here or there especially in the presence/direction of a large group of friendlies.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
            -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Comment

That is why your trigger finger should be on "safety" when you're not engaged :D...
              you know, on the mousewheel.

Nice video Sierra, I recognize some of those missions as ones that I believe I've been in at the same time you were FRAPsing, mainly because of John Flenaly, UH-1 pilot extraordinaire. :D
              sigpic
              PR - ArmA2
              "Enemy machine gunner in a field of pink flowers, over" - azzwort

Comment

Thinking about putting another one together if there is some interest for it?

Comment

Hell yeah people have an interest for it! That's a good vid, great footage,awesome stuff Sierra.

Comment

Curious what you computer specs are, seemed o be running the game very nicely and the video looks way better than most out there in terms of quality.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, curious as to what your rig is Sierra. Playing in that area of Fallujah gives me like 18 to 22 fps.

Comment

Intel® Core™ i7-860 processor
                        - 8GB DDR3 memory
                        - 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
                        - ATI Radeon HD5770 graphics
                        - Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit

8)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server