Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back?

Hey all,

Good to see the community still so active. I played pretty regularly late last year, but real life (and career changes) ended up eating most of my free time, resulting in less time to play than I'd have liked. Last time I was around, the ACE2 mod was just coming out of testing and we were starting to use it more regularly.

Any major changes I should be aware of before jumping back into things?

Re: Coming back?

Yeah, we're now entirely using ACE2 and a few new islands. To download this, we're using Yoma Addon Sync. Welcome back! :)

http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/

| |

Comment

CPR has been added no idea how it works though but Headshot used it on jacezz when we were playng fallout
      To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Originally posted by Hashassin View Post
        CPR has been added no idea how it works though but Headshot used it on jacezz when we were playng fallout
        We also CPR'd the hell outta Vault City, didnt we hash?
        Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Hashassin View Post
          And from that I think we can conclude that CPR does not wake unconcious people up. Just thoroughly shames and abuses them. Thoroughly.

*Runs off to cry in the corner again*

In all seriousness though, Isn't CPR in real life used to increase the chances of survival / prolong death for someone who's hearts already stopped beating, keep the blood going, etc?

Did a first aid course a while ago, may be horrid memory though :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
            In all seriousness though, Isn't CPR in real life used to increase the chances of survival / prolong death for someone who's hearts already stopped beating, keep the blood going, etc?P
            Making it simple for myself and quotes Wikipedia for a good formulation: "Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is an emergency procedure for people in cardiac arrest or, in some circumstances, respiratory arrest."

So yeah :)
            Although getting out of unconciousness is often a simultanous goal as well, since survival chances often increases with conciousness (i.e. counters shock).

Comment

I did a CPR course last year, from what we were told it's used basically went someone's heart stops (cardiac arrest) or when someone goes unconscious and stops breathing. You are basically breathing for them and pumping their heart for them. You blow oxygen into their lungs which is taken into the blood and then compress the chest to pump the heart and pump the blood around the body, doing the hearts and lungs job. And yes it is to prolong death until medical aid arrives.

I didn't know it was put into ACE! That is extremely cool! I haven't been able to play for the past 2 weeks because of ridiculous bills so I probably missed it but I should be back up soon. If that is in it I cant wait to try it out

Comment

Well, it certainly sounds like I will have some catching up to do. I'll get the various supporting software packages installed today.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X