New to arma and have been looking for a good place to game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to arma and have been looking for a good place to game

After reading the primer for new players and the standards as well, it looks like the community you have set up here is a pretty desirable place to game. I'm currently in the process of downloading the addons using yoma and will hopefully be able to try it out a little later tonight

If you see me jump on, please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or inadvertently causing any grief and I'll cease it immediately. Pretty new to Arma still and looking to learn!

thanks for your time and looking forward to jumping into the server with you guys!

Re: New to arma and have been looking for a good place to game

Just say in-game that you are new and you need help. People here love to help. :p

And don't forget to check your ACE userconfig files...

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

I'm really new to mods for this game, following the links to get everything installed and active when launched, but what else should I be looking for in the ace config files? sorry, feeling a bit dense at the moment with all this :)

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen_WC View Post
        I'm really new to mods for this game, following the links to get everything installed and active when launched, but what else should I be looking for in the ace config files? sorry, feeling a bit dense at the moment with all this :)
        You have to set up your Ace interaction key at ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp

And to write down your user name at ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp (just scroll it down and you will see it)

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/in...etting_started

Welcome to TG!

Comment

found the section to edit the config, just hadn't scrolled down all that way yet ;) one last question that i couldn't find in the getting started links, while using yoma to launch arma, I can't find anywhere to add in the password for the server. I did jump onto teamspeak and found that successfully, but can't find where to enter the password in yoma. sorry for the silly question, it's probably right in front of my face

Comment

I don't use Yoma to launch the game myself, but it sems to be
              -TacticalGamer.com tab
              -Server sub-tab
              -Game Server (on the left)
              -Game Password

Comment

Open Yoma.
                Select the Tactical Gamer server.
                Select "Open Server".
                Make sure the primary tab is set to "Server", and switch the secondary tab to "Game server".
                Enter the password under "Game password".
                Save.

Comment

thanks guys, totally in front of my face and I missed it! I appreciate it and will hopefully see you on the server soon! I'm going to spend a bit of time in the missions so I'm not completely useless when I do log on ;)

Comment

If you want to know, in detail, what every feature added by ACE2 does, you can visit the official ACE 2 wiki: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Features
                    Another useful read is Deadeye's Guide to ACE2: it's not completely up-to-date, but it has almost everything an infantryman should know, plus some advanced informations on how to use the various scopes and AT weapons sights effectively.
                    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

welcome frozen dont mind doing the missions its totally useless when u come play with us playing in TG i did loads of domi in my days and when i came to TG i was totally on the ground again being a "noob" now i own em all!!!(when i dont go rambo) hehe waiting to see you playing with us :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X