Gunner position and missile locks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunner position and missile locks

I can't seem to figure out how to get missile locks... I guess the simple "tab-fire" was too much like cheating?

I've attempted the Lock/Reveal Target button, I've attempted Next Target, and a few others. Can someone share the answer?

I'm testing in a AH-64D Apache Longbow with AI as a pilot and myself as a gunner firing AGM-114L (which is supposed to use radar locking, as far as I understand). The laser guided AGM-114K works fine (I go to Optics [num 0], designate the target and fire). With the radar guided missile, I don't get a box-circle lock, only a box, and the 114L flies as if unguided.

Re: Gunner position and missile locks

This requires testing: in theory the AGM-114K is a radar-guided missile (that can still be fired on a laser-designated target thanks to having a laser sensor as well, if I remember correctly), so in theory (again) you should be able to lock on with the right-mouse button.
    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

You can only lock onto lasers I think, tab lock doesnt work, unless your locking another laser from someone else

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

ACE introduced a few new keys for locking onto targets. Check yr keys!

Comment

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
          I can't seem to figure out how to get missile locks... I guess the simple "tab-fire" was too much like cheating?

I've attempted the Lock/Reveal Target button, I've attempted Next Target, and a few others. Can someone share the answer?

I'm testing in a AH-64D Apache Longbow with AI as a pilot and myself as a gunner firing AGM-114L (which is supposed to use radar locking, as far as I understand). The laser guided AGM-114K works fine (I go to Optics [num 0], designate the target and fire). With the radar guided missile, I don't get a box-circle lock, only a box, and the 114L flies as if unguided.
          Make sure that with the AGM-114L, you have the designator off and that you're on LOBL mode. If you launch in LOAL mode, it's gonna launch without radar guidance, searching for a laser target. Also, it doesn't matter if it's just a box that still means a lock.

Comment

I have trouble with the AIM9 on the A-10 some times, it wont always lock on aircraft, some times it will, some times it wont

Comment

To clear up any confusion, the 114L is the ONLY "radar guided" missile in the 64's inventory. That info can get to the missile in a variety of ways (FCR being primary). The F, K, K2A, M, and N model hellfires (known as SAL's) use a laser spot to home in on the target using the seeker head. The sim has it partially correct. The LOBL (lock on before launch) and LOAL (lock on after launch) modes are used by the SAL's (K in game), and REQUIRE the laser to be on. The RF missiles (L) don't have seeker heads, but the game will still track the designator (oops), so either lasing or locking on (RMB) will get the desired results.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X