Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to all you Military Equipment Affictionados

What is it?

I thought they were Blackhawks (there were two of them) but the body was very angular and shiny, appearing to be similar to some kind of stealth, low visibility or armour composite. Reminded me of what would happen if someone had a bunch of RAH-66 Comanche parts lying around and some UH-60s in need of refurbishment. There were no markings that I could see and they were pretty close, the photo doesn't do justice to it. Oh and the top of the helicopter is white, which doesn't really show up well in this photo.

I was outside photographing some sweet-ass Chinooks which are in town for G20 summit security and then these flew over. I'm not even sure if they're Canadian.

If I can find out what it is, maybe a better photo I'd like to model it and put it in ARMA 2... (I learned to 3d model recently)
    Last edited by Hank Rearden; 06-23-2010, 02:12 PM. Reason: Posted higher quality image.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
    -Carl Von Clausewitz

'The Great Game' -Blog on War in Afghanistan:

Re: Question to all you Military Equipment Affictionados

is it the Sea Hawk ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SH-60_Seahawk
    To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Its the VIP S-70 by Sikorsky

Comment

Its the VIP S-70 by Sikorsky
        is that the UH-60/s-70 version modified to transport US government big shots?

Alex

Comment

Ohhhh... Marine One. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...Marine_One.jpg That'd be an interesting texture to make for sure. Good quick identification though. As an aside, 5 minutes after it made its landing approach our city was hit by a small, extremely rare earthquake.

If the leader is filled with high ambition and if he pursues his aims with audacity and strength of will, he will reach them in spite of all obstacles.
          -Carl Von Clausewitz

Comment

Comment

Well the body on the one I saw was definitely black, and appeared to have some kind of frame alterations made, couldn't see the US flag but otherwise that's pretty much exactly it.

-Carl Von Clausewitz

Comment

Random picture from wikipedia lookin up s-70 but this would be pretty crazy to see in your rear view mirror or coming down the highway the opposite way

"A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

| |

Comment

^ Haha damn.... Thats gotta be some suspected HVTs and SF forces taking them. That would be absolutely crazy to be swarmed like that.
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Dutch pilots do some crazy stuff aswell:

Comment

The cameraman in the first video is literally crying from how close and crazy they're flying.

And I love the guy just jogging by near the end of the second video, not having a clue what was about to happen :)

| |

Comment

While itd be fun flying helos I think Id still rather fly jets...

^ This isnt the video I was looking for, but has some of the same clips from it.. video I was looking for had some pilot go upside down down a fairly fat mountain. Absolutely crazy but would be worth the death risk to say that that was you on camera :D

Also: One of reasons I will go Air Force but not Navy;

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X