X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA2 v1.07 patch released

Should be out momentarily, link here.

Changelog:
    [71721] Game is now Large Address Aware, should improve stability and allow using more RAM with 64b OS.
    [71543] File cache size increased a lot on systems with 4 GB RAM or more.
    [71484] Fixed: C130 was crashing on takeoff.
    [71373] Fixed crash http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11097
    [71143] Improved: -cpuCount=4 is now default on computers with more than four logical CPUs to prevent hyperthreading causing performance problems. If you want to use more CPUs, use -cpuCount=N to override this.
    [71117] Optimized: Geometry loading in now optimized for multiple cores. Extra threading now enabled by default on computers with more that 2 CPUs. New possible -exThreads values: 5 (thread geometry loading only) and 7 (thread all)
    [70817] Fixed: Crash while rendering some custom worlds, e.g Schmalfelden
    [70793] Fixed: Character animation jerky after a unit disembarked a vehicle (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3116)
    [70790] Fixed: Fps stayed low after spawning and deleted many units. See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5147
    [70663] New: Weather config values "size" and "height" for better control over the cloud layer. Default values: size = 1.0; height = max(bright,0.6)
    [70661] Improved: File handle management when more then 448 pbos are present is now more efficient.
    [70651] Improved: Increased limits to prevent "Too many virtual memory blocks requested" error.
    [70650] Fixed: Crash possible when loading map with older binarized format (pre 20, e.g. Schmalfelden).
    [70646] Fixed: Some objects were shortly "flashing" while changing LODs.
    [70582] Improved: Increased dynamic cloud layer visibility.
    [70493] Fixed: Shadow artifacts visible on some windows while moving.
    [70484] Fixed: Car horn not played in MP
    [70439] Fixed: Transient z-fight-like shadows artifacts while zooming.
    [70372] Fixed: AI vision was too good on moonless nights.
    [70198] Fixed: Steam Overlay used during loading screen no longer disabled the keyboard.
    [70192] New: Parameter exThreads=N to control extra threading. Following values of N are currently supported: 0 = no extra threads, 1 = file operations, 3 = texture loading
    [69714] "enablesimulation" fixed on dedicated server
    [69683] VoN volume slider
    [68990] Improved: Reduced stutter when looking around, esp. with visibility 5 km or more.
    [68694] Reduced parallax map artifacts on sloped terrain.
    [68157] HDRPrecision 16 or 32 respected when users selects it and card supports it.
    [68030] MP: Changed bandwidth estimation defaults as almost all players use broadband connection.
    [67312] Fixed: AI is now able to take off with Camel airplane addon.
    [67033] Improved AI airplane landing from very high altitude.
    [66997] Optimized: Grass not rendered when flying high and fast, should reduce stutter.
    [65703] New: Units report when reloading in combat situations.
    [65703] New: Units report when throwing grenades in combat situations.
    [65679] Fixed: AI Units called "covering" repeatedly while reloading.
    [65656] "Cover me", "Covering" was often told repeateadly after busy radio channel periods.
    [65605] Optimized: Fixed problems caused on some Vista systems by running too many threads at the same time.
    [64561] New: Scripting function hideObject.
    [64056] Fixed: Shining glasses on head preview in "edit player" menu.
    [63164] Changed: Removed relics from dynamic building destruction development, including scripting function deleteCollection.
    [63126] Improved: AI airplane now aiming at the ground targets using rudder as well.
    [63126] Fixed: Some AI airplanes oscillated sideways when flying slow.
    [62888] Fixed: Improved helicopter aiming with unguided rockets.
    [62868] Fixed: AT/RPG soldiers often missed targets.
    [62700] Fixed: Spatial weapon sounds
    [62687] Fixed: 3D resolution now maintained correctly when Alt-Tabbing.
    [62627] Improved: "Invalid crew" config error no longer exits to desktop.
    [62533] Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.
    [62532] Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.
    [62492] Fixed: Window size/position was not stored after a change.
    I assume we'll be using this for the joint session on Sunday, but it wouldn't hurt to hold off on updating until a TG admin gives the final word.

Re: ArmA2 v1.07 patch released

it seems like they really put a lot into the stability of things..... on a side what is your impression of this patch?? worth the wait and there fixing things like they should, or do you think they missed the fence on this one again??

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Will Mirror - but need to confirm stability with ACE/Feature set before pushing this as a final change for this weekend's event.

... 10kb/sec on the server download, guess there is some demand for this. Meanwhile someone I know in egypt is getting this at 150kb/sec. Should be a fun day.
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

The final patches are basically a build after the latest beta, as far as I'm aware, so my feedback re: 1.07 - based on the betas which we've been using roughly since they started coming out post-1.05 - is very positive. Should see a lot of improvement overall in pretty much everything, framerate, LODs, and so on. There were various crash issues that cropped up throughout the beta, but they tended to address them reasonably quickly (even going so far as to help fix things that are really above-and-beyond, ie fixing crashes from using ArmA1 island PBOs in A2). I think the average player will see plenty to like in 1.07, and I would also guess that it's ACE-safe (as we've been using it in beta form without issue).

Comment

I am just hesitant to say go on this till I run the dedicated server thru this, and get at least one core run of ace and a feature set test. That being said, if they implemented the client side commands to server side, this should be a very good thing.

And if I could get a download speed faster than 10kb/sec from any of the servers I am trying to pull this down thru.

Having people tell me that server version is still 1.05 --- This should be fun... =\

--- edit, disregard, will test server side, just have confirmation that they were looking at the wrong exe files... server updated 6/25/2010 - fileversion 1.7.71.750

1.07 is incompattible with JayArmA2Lib at present, --- if you have ever tested JayArmA2Lib or A2TS3-DLL --- REMOVE THESE FILES

dsound.dll
          @JayArmA2Lib

1.7.71.750 is current 1.07
          Beta 71752 is still newer for clientside - (kickback recoil and such features are not present in current 1.07 build.

PATCH NOTES -- ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.c...uild_71749.log (NO Patchnotes for 71750)
          Last edited by Impulse 9; 06-25-2010, 12:11 PM.
          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

The latest betas were running unstable and I had alot of crashes. Not so with stock 1.05.

I hope that changed with the final 1.07 release but I doubt it, with many changes being additional low level features and not bug fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hegway View Post
              The latest betas were running unstable and I had alot of crashes. Not so with stock 1.05.

I hope that changed with the final 1.07 release but I doubt it, with many changes being additional low level features and not bug fixes.
              BIS don't list resolved bugs actually, so you wouldn't know. It's very stable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham View Post
                BIS don't list resolved bugs actually, so you wouldn't know. It's very stable for me.
                I always wondered why they have so many build numbers with no changes. My guess now is that all solved bugs reported at dev-haven are included into the change log, but all bugs they found and solved themselfs dont get mentioned in the changelog.

Comment

Update Mirror
                  1.05 to 1.07 @ ArmA2.TacticalGamer.com
                  1.05 to 1.07 @ ArmA2.ArmAGoons.com

Comment

So , download but don't update until you tell us?

Comment

Ideally yes ... Ran into some backend server issues, that are preventing install/update. Will update later when servers are about to be updated...
                      The joys of client patches on game servers...

Comment

I've been running beta patches all the time, and aside from some unstable builds it has been a wonderful experience. So glad to see a new full patch so that more people can get to enjoy the marvel of BIS' hard work!

NOTE: Many of you will experience a drop in framerates. Especially those on 32-bit systems. 64-bit systems, especially those with Win7 and hyperthreading-capable CPUs should instead experience quite an increase. Despite the FPS-drop however the game should be running smoother. They've done a lot of work with reducing the noticable LOD-switching and stuttering, lower FPS being a side-effect of that, for an overall smoother and not so FPS-jumping experience.
                        Last edited by Inkompetent; 06-25-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Are we going to use the patch with the update, then? I accidentally (as in, completely forgot not to) updated, and I don't know how to revert to 1.05 without reinstalling everything. -.-
                          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

1.07 Update now Required - Servers Updated ...
                            Update Mirrors

1.05 to 1.07 @ ArmA2.TacticalGamer.com
                            1.05 to 1.07 @ ArmA2.ArmAGoons.com

Comment

Looks like 1.07 totally borked my ability to host servers, which makes it a bit harder to do MP map editing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X