Humble request from ACRE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble request from ACRE

Hi guys. We are on our last runs here, and have a humble request to make.

The ACRE team requests if anyone would be interested, and have the time, in assisting us in doing a final test of the system. When I say "final" test, i mean just that. Here is the situation:

Right now, we (the ACRE team) are not ten people; we are two. Personally, we've only been involved in MAYBE 5 tests of above 10+ players. As you have all noticed, radio and quality stay standard (no old A2TS issues). BUT, we do have crashes. Right now, we are required to wait for a group to test, then we get crash reports. They end up usually being 2-3 bugs. We fix those, give out a new RC, and rinse and repeat.

Here is our request: We are asking for (hopefully) 20 people to be available and willing to sit on a arma2 server, in game, with TS3 and ACRE, and chit-chat for a couple of hours. Thats it. Don't have to play (unless you want to), don't have to concentrate.

Why? We need to be able to see a crash, hotfix, and test. Many of the crashes all of you have seen are blocking. This means, when we fix 2 or 3, then 2 or 3 more finally are able to be hit. If we can hot fix them on the fly, then we can burn through bugs much faster.

The basics of what we need:
    - Preferably 15+ people available
    - We will run an arma2 server and TS3 server for the test
    - We will reset the radio PTT key for this test to a non-essential key (Alt maybe?)
    - We need everyone to just have the time to hang in game, and talk to each other on the radios. Weather, music, girls, whatever. Just talk on the radio.
    - You *can* use your radio alt+tabbed, so you don't even have to actually LOOK at the game, you can play youtube videos at each other for all I care. Sing. Whatever.

We humbly, and preferably, request if this could happen this weekend sometime. Maybe Saturday afternoon/evening. If enough people are interested/available, I'll pick a standard time and we might use the TFP channel on TS. Assume sometimes between 12pm-8pm PST (or the whole time! haha).

Thats it!

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Re: Humble request from ACRE

i would help out but i have a graduation party to go to on Saturday, if you do testing on another day just pm me or catch me on any of my other contacts in my signature
    If you wanna find me off TG
    Xbox live- fusionpo0
    Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
    Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

Originally posted by fusionpoo View Post
      i would help out but i have a graduation party to go to on Saturday, if you do testing on another day just pm me or catch me on any of my other contacts in my signature
      Roger. We are planning a second backup test on mon/tue with shacktac if we can get enough people as well.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
      Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
        Roger. We are planning a second backup test on mon/tue with shacktac if we can get enough people as well.
        Yeah, if any TG people want to hop into the Monday test (7pm central), feel free. We'll just be screwing around, probably nothing serious at all.

Comment

Sure, I'd love to help out, I'll try to be there.

Comment

I'll try to make it today, I am *so* waiting for ACRE. :)

Comment

Well, I can't be there for Monday test, but I'll see if I can make it today.
              So, exactly, at what time should the test start?
              I would love to participate, and I think I might be able to make it this evening, but it depends on the time (given that I live in the GMT/UTC+1 zone). :)
              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I can't make it today, but Monday will definitely work for me.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Sure thing! if you need me to help, I will be on TG's TS today.

Comment

I installed ACRE, but every time I try to test it, I'm getting an error ("Could not find script weaponI'mholding aim"), can not acces the radio GUI, cannot get the radio to work, and if I use ACE not only I can't access the Ctrl+Shift+V menu (I can with no ACE, but I don't think it's working as it should), but I keep getting the "ace_keys outdated" error message.
                    I followed the installation instruction, so this thing should work, but it isn't.
                    I tried without ACE and with both the version used by TG and the latest version.
                    Could it have to do with me having updated to version 1.07?

Edit:
                    am I correct in assuming that the ACRE PTT key has to be the same as my VON PTT? Because I set it up to be the same ("<", or 86).
                    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I'll hop on and help out today.

Comment

Sure thing, I'll be on this afternoon.

Comment

I might aswel hop in for a 4th test :P
                          Sheet, thought this was for tomorrow, sunday. Ill be on all tomorrow if you need help then too.
                          Nihility

Comment

We have multiple RC's that have come out (we are currently on RC 4.5). Only RC4 and later support 1.07 and OA. We can see if your having some sort of other issue, though, later today if your around :)

More info on the test forthcoming soon guys!

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                            Task Force Proteus

Comment

Ill probably be there, hopefully I will find some more bugs (only found 2 so far...).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X