Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VON alternative

Click me!

Mumble, which is just directional Voip. Not as complex as whispers, but a command channel can be set up to allow talks between people of raised importance.

Re: VON alternative

Well, we already are using TS3. It has a very nice voice quality.
    Mumble would only add the Directional talk, but ArmA 2 already got it. And we use it for short communications.
    So, I see no advantages in using it

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Im working on the view that ingame VON isn't reliable, definatly for me at least

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
        Im working on the view that ingame VON isn't reliable, definatly for me at least
        the latest patch has made it better than it used to be
        To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Comment

Mumble has been brought up in the past, please use the search function if you have not done so already to address the arguments that have been brought forth against it. Personally, I think mumble is indeed more advanced than TS3, but I am not the one who has to do the work to make it run.

Second, and I think that's the main point: In (probably) a few days, we will have ACRE which will in all likelihood remove the need for anything else but basic TS3 (no squad channels, no whispers lists etc.) and give full positional audio for direct speech and awesome control over radio channels.

Comment

MAJOR EDIT:

I don't want to get heated up, but the loss of TS2 has been inexcusable and caused months of comm problems.

Comment

Mumble has been suggested many times in the past and there are various threads which you can recall both sides of the argument. Remember that the switch to TS3 was not made by the Arma Admins, but by the Site Administration and the Owners/Operators of TG. Also remember, losing TS2 was necessary as TS2 became non functional with the forum update (new users could not register for TS2). Lastly TG does not own a Mumble server, therefore it would add onto the cost of site operation to get one, whereas we already have TS3 (with ACRE in final development). Let's not beat a dead horse here by reopening old wounds.

</Thread>

EDIT: Here are some links to previous threads.
              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...desirable.html
              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...ml#post1410370 (Post #20 to end of thread)
              Last edited by ACOGRecon; 06-28-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: Added links

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

A lot of you need to remember that TS2 canceled a lot of it's license agreements and the one TG falls under was canceled. TG isn't considered as non-profit (I guess because of the SMs and any other means of transferring money to TG) and is why TG can't run a TS2 server which would be big enough for it's community. Besides, I believe even the non-profit licenses aren't being "sold" anymore.

Be advised that this is only what I can remember hearing from one of the admins a while back when the question was asked on TS, some or possibly all of this may be wrong. Please correct me if that is the case.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Mumble doesn't work for some of us either so it would just be fixing one persons problem by giving someone else one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X