Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation Arrowhead is here ! Lets get those first impression in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Arrowhead is here ! Lets get those first impression in.

I am playing the single player mission and everything is smooth.I dont do fps so dont ask me about that. Looking good so far. Going back to play. I was able to load all the addons i normally use, within the game.

Re: Operation Arrowhead is here ! Lets get those first impression in.

Chief, if you can download Fraps it has an FPS counter which you can use to see your frame rate.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Wait chief do you mean that theres a window once you load the game (in the options menu) that lets you launch addons? Like the origional version of HL1 for example?
      Nihility

Comment

Yes Indeed. I have loaded all the same addons I use in Arma2 . OK Acog i will load my copy of fraps just for you. I quit using it because it would just piss me off with Arma2 . I just went with how the game looked and felt to me.
        Update: Frames fighting in first village 35 to 40 fps/ everything on high/ 1920x1080
        my rig; Q6600 (oc to 3.0)/ 4 gb DDR2 800 memory/ ATI 4850/ SSD
        Last edited by ChiefBoatsRet; 06-28-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Ssd = love
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
            It seems that ACE works mostly okay (atleast the strictly ACE units) with OA.

Comparison of ACE and OA Army units

Cant tell from this picture, but you screen shakes a small amount when heavy vehicles roll by, pretty sweet.

I was getting roughly 25-30 FPS with the settings in these screens. The large Zargabad city map can be quite intensive, about the same as Chernogorsk IMO. I'd probably turn the setting down (especially post-process) if I was playing in MP, but really i didn't notice any huge performance drops from A2. (Specs: Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.4ghz, ATi 4890 1GB @ 900mhz, 4GB Ram, 7200 RPM HDD, WinXP 32bit.)

EDIT: And just for Falcon...
            Last edited by ThePieSpy; 06-28-2010, 10:15 PM.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

It seems to run pretty good. I'm getting a crash on the third campaign mission though at the second auto save after the tank is rolling it says it's out of memory :/.
              Other than that though there are no problems so far. Anyone know how to switch optics on Mk 16 acog to the red dot?

edit* it's the numpad / key, not listed in the key commands and not re assignable atm :/

Another thing I noticed OA does not automatically set cpucount=4 as it does it in 1.07 patch. Adding this switch increased the frame rate dramatically.
              Last edited by Fiddlestx; 06-29-2010, 01:26 AM.

Comment

I used to do that with yoma or my other Arma loader. How do i set it for 4 cores in OA? . It installed OA into my Arma2 folder so everything is together so I guess the loaders dont work for OA. I now have a start menue of "Combined Operations".
                Last edited by ChiefBoatsRet; 06-29-2010, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Just bought my copy off Sprocket about 3 hours ago. Thanks to some friends over at AusArma for the mirror to it, i am actually getting full download speed. As the Sprocket mirrors are being hammered hard. I am down to 1 more hour of downloading. So excited to play!
                  sigpic

Comment

I would rather stab a baby than play regular ARMA2 again.

But seriously it does offer some interesting improvements, the best of which is all enterable buildings. I imagine it will change the dynamics of play quite significantly.

Anyone figured out how to use the stryker mortar carrier yet?

Comment

How do the vehicle cockpits look? And is there a version of the little bird with a glass cockpit, i swear i saw a screen of that somewhere.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

DOH! WHenever i try to load the single player campaign it loads Operation Red Harvest. What do?
                        Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                          I used to do that with yoma or my other Arma loader. How do i set it for 4 cores in OA? . It installed OA into my Arma2 folder so everything is together so I guess the loaders dont work for OA. I now have a start menue of "Combined Operations".
                          Right click the launcher/shortcut/whateveryouwanttocallit and click "Properties" then add the cpucount to the end of the Target field (outside of the double quotes). My Target looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -cpucount=4

-nosplash skips the intro screen btw, a nice time saver.

Comment

Another problem im having with ace enabled is that it shows what weapon i have selected to the left middleish of my screen instead of top right.
                            Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                              Yes Indeed. I have loaded all the same addons I use in Arma2 . OK Acog i will load my copy of fraps just for you. I quit using it because it would just piss me off with Arma2 . I just went with how the game looked and felt to me.
                              Update: Frames fighting in first village 35 to 40 fps/ everything on high/ 1920x1080
                              my rig; Q6600 (oc to 3.0)/ 4 gb DDR2 800 memory/ ATI 4850/ SSD
                              Wait, are you saying that Arma 2 addons work with Operation Arrowhead? Like, we can use islands that we are having now, but with OA? :):):):)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X