TG and Operation Arrowhead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG and Operation Arrowhead

So to prevent further questions about TG and operation arrowhead, I am creating this thread. TG will have a OA only server and will continue to host its Original ArmA2 ACE servers. After ACE makes its first release for Arrowhead we shall see what happens.... that is yet to be determined.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: TG and Operation Arrowhead

So, there is a chance of ACE2 moving to the AO ?

Comment

Just wondering but theres 3 TG OA servers up...alpha bravo and charlie.....durr?
      Nihility

Comment

Yeah ... I was a bit lazy yesterday and setup three. Still waiting for the proper Dedicated Server files.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Are the TG OA servers playable with OA vanilla or are some mods, tweaks, scripts, TS3 plug-ins etc. needed?
          [S7]Hablos
          Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

As of right now its vanilla Operation Arrowhead no mods required.
            |TG-73rd|Socomseal
            |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
              So, there is a chance of ACE2 moving to the AO ?
              Not only a chance, but certainty. 1.30 will be the last ACE2 release for ArmA2. After that, they will move on to OA. Check out their roadmap on the dev heaven page.
              sigpic
              www.goldencamels.com

Comment

Can we get TS channels set up please.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                  Can we get TS channels set up please.
                  Done.
                  |TG-73rd|Socomseal

Comment

Now we need to be aware of the community split-up with the OA.
                    Some may be playing on OA server and others on the A2 server, this may reduce the effective numbers of players.
                    My suggestion for those who have OA is to, if you see people having hard times with Dominations and a lack of teamwork, join up with them on the A2 server.

Anyway... just saying...
                    Last edited by W-Cephei; 06-29-2010, 07:51 PM.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

A heluva split indeed, right now A2 TS channel has about 3 people in it and the AO channel has 12. :=0

So is the OA really worth it? Are people who buy it ever going back to A2 or should we as a whole make the switch over to OA?
                      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

keep in mind guys its tuesday, a large % of our player base isn't on, some people havn't bought arrowhead, so the A2 server will get some love, I mean I bought AO so you will never see me in A2 again....J/K no really, to me its like an expansion, I will want to play A2 for some features/Maps and AO for some things. Now when they are fully merged and Ace comes on on OA...bye bye A2

Comment

At least for me, OA has me really excited to start playing again -- I'm really jazzed about the release, and am planning to hop on this weekend and start running with the TG crew again. I still dig the vanilla game, but a new set of maps and new missions seems like the best way to re-introduce myself to things.

Comment

New Arrowhead patch -- 1.52 ... but a newer version of 1.52 ... we are off to a good start.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10922 1.52.71.816 - Dated 6/29/10 ... (sprocket was 6/27/10 - 1.52.71.612)

TG Direct Link --- http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/updat..._Patch_152.zip
                            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                              keep in mind guys its tuesday, a large % of our player base isn't on, some people havn't bought arrowhead, so the A2 server will get some love, I mean I bought AO so you will never see me in A2 again....J/K no really, to me its like an expansion, I will want to play A2 for some features/Maps and AO for some things. Now when they are fully merged and Ace comes on on OA...bye bye A2
                              Yeah, only the hardcore people are on :P
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...