X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTMACHINA
    started a topic Gentle Nudge.

Gentle Nudge.

I have been out of the loop for some time but yesterday the team allowed me to shine up my deputy badge and I am not formally back on duty, so with that in mind I would like to remind people:

Firstly I will ignore everything I saw yesterday and presume it was a case of temporary mass insanity caused by the release of OA, however starting form the the next time I log on, I will:

A: Kick with no warning any seen to be swearing for the sake of it, I and the team have always understood the occasional swear under presure or due to a technical fault, however we will not accept the rampant and casual use of swearing on TS when the other users have no control over what is being said or who they have in the room with them , please show other users some respect.

B: Use of Global / Side is reserved for CO / admins...does anyone really need this explained still?

C: If you are not prepared to use basic radio SOP's then I am not prepared to listen, either use the agreed convention or get muted, its entirely immersion breaking to play any other way.

D: Planning is your friend, we like a strong command system and welcome those willing to play a strong game.

Apart from all that, lovely to be back, see you in game!

• seg[TDev]
    replied
    Re: Gentle Nudge.

Wanted to reply to this thread to remind some of the newbies to watch their language.

Leave a comment:

• Soupy_Norman
    replied

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
    Shhhhh....dont tell anyone, but I hear its right around the corner. And not as in 1 month, or 1 week away. Like right around the corner. You didnt hear that from me though :)
    I heard 72 hours 5 days ago so ive given up on ye :P

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
    Caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa

Boon?......You ok there buddy?............:)

Leave a comment:

• Boondocksaint
    replied

Caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa

Leave a comment:

• ellF
    replied

The other thing that can really help to get more newer players into leadership roles, in my (limited) experience, is to provide them with good leadership role models and allow them to both observe what that looks like and to act as fire team leads, where they can practice those same skills without jeopardizing the entire game. I'm interested in getting to the point of being a CO, but it's a matter of walking before running. Throwing the server on Warfare all night can lead to the ARMA-as-FPS syndrome, and while that can be fun for a while, it doesn't show new players what the TG community is all about, and it doesn't provide us with the chance to see/observe/participate in good leadership.

Leave a comment:

• Impulse 9
    replied

Admin hat off --- The idea of waiting for something magical and mystical sometime in the future to fix the problems we have now is stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

Alot of players dont step up for fear of the critisisms they will get if they mess up. The best thing for everyone is to encourage new people to lead. Help them, teach them and above all show them respect. If they do something wrong explain why it was wrong and how they could look to change it or make it better. If they do something good, let them know! Thats the only way we are going to get people to step up, is if we provide an atmosphere that promotes it. So, start providing the atmosphere! :)

Leave a comment:

• johnflenaly
    replied

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
    Because with PR finished I will have game time and will be on every day, watching with my beady admin eye!:)

Plus the PR BF2 guys will hopefully come over, they have a good balance as well so with new to TG and new to ArmA I think the mix will be just right. Eager young minds to warp!
    Thats nice and all and I hope it will bring more players to ARMA as a whole, but the fact remains this is a problem now and needs to be fixed now! I think its a issue of leadership, at this point it really seems like we have to many Indians and not enough chiefs. Getting people to step up as co and Squad leader is like pulling teeth. After extreme frustration last night I just threw it on warfare. This seems to be all that the community can actually handle at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Impulse 9
    replied

Comms and Comms discipline is something that needs some work, on both ends in the coming week.

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
    EDIT: And ACRE.......please ACRE team hurry the fudge up so we can be done with slapstick comms!
    Shhhhh....dont tell anyone, but I hear its right around the corner. And not as in 1 month, or 1 week away. Like right around the corner. You didnt hear that from me though :)

Leave a comment:

• Jacezz
    replied

In regards to comms, etcs would anyone be willing to run a bit of training on this end? I've mostly been picking it up as I go so haven't been very strict and formal most of the time (or 100% correct), not only that but I seem to be one of the few people willing to get up and lead consistently. So yarr, I'd def sponsor & attend a training event for communication/tactics/SL and CO related stuffs.

Leave a comment:

• Jeepo
    replied

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
    How exactly will PR fix all of these problems seeing as it will bring a huge influx of new players? Im nor arguing for the sake of arguing, im genuinely wondering.
    If anything rather than new players to "fix" the current problems we need continuous training and drilling of rules on the ones weve got.

EDIT: And ACRE.......please ACRE team hurry the fudge up so we can be done with slapstick comms!
    Because with PR finished I will have game time and will be on every day, watching with my beady admin eye!:)

Plus the PR BF2 guys will hopefully come over, they have a good balance as well so with new to TG and new to ArmA I think the mix will be just right. Eager young minds to warp!

Leave a comment:

• Boondocksaint
    replied

If you guys want these issues fixed the biggest thing you can do is post CAA threads, who is tking, who is not following SOPs, who is causing these issues. CAA thread are private and help us keep paper trails on probelm people. You guys want these issues resolved but tie our hands by inaction, please police eachother by posting CAA threads. Its the only way we can take care of repeat problem offenders.

Leave a comment:

• Soupy_Norman
    replied

Kief take names and make a CAA thread. My pet hate at the moment is crows. I hate crows. The constant squaking, the flying into peoples faces.
    I joined in a TvT half way through last week and saw no less than 8 crows all flying at head height following a humvee. Even when crows stay 20+ meters up they allways follow above players. It gives away enemy positions and your own position. Is there any way to make everyone a butterfly or something almost unnoticeable?
    Im gonna start taking the names of every dead player when a crow begins to get too friendly and keep updating a CAA thread. Over time names will begin to overlap. This isnt a fool proof system but its the only way until something else is done.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X