Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Good Day Sirs,

I just recently purchased ArmA 2 and did some digging around and heard you guys put together some very well thought out and very well executed co-operative missions. I used to play the original Operation Flashpoint way back in the day and was heavily involved with Simulated Online Military Organizations and those are the kinds of online engagements we did. Well thought out and realistically executed coop missions. Course we're talking years ago here.

I miss the way we did things back in those days, and seems you guys still kinda keep that realistic approach to gaming alive when it comes to ArmA 2. Guess I'm just fishing to make sure I'm in the right place?

Getz

Re: Howdy

Welcome Getz! You are indeed in the right place. TG is by far the best place to play most of the games out there. Make sure you read up on the SOP's and get yourself ready to rock. See you in game! :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Will do, and thanks for the speedy response.

Comment

That's what I get paid for.....well not paid.....but you get the idea :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Tactics and Teamwork,that's what everyone signs up for, Welcome to the mix Getz :)

Jump in anytime you see some of us playing Arma 2, or Operation Arrowhead if you got it and prepare yourself for fun times.

See you in the Virtual Field.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
            That's what I get paid for.....well not paid.....but you get the idea :)
            Dredge is ingame so little he has time for a hell of alotta posting.
            SNAP!!!

Your move, dredgy :P
            Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
              Dredge is ingame so little he has time for a hell of alotta posting.
              SNAP!!!

Your move, dredgy :P
              *User Banned*

Check mate

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Empty promises and lies :D
                Nihility

Comment

I got this thing about tactics and teamwork... If the time comes that those things collapse and what is supposed to be an organized event unfolds into a chaotic nightmare...I tend to get - - - angry. But I've read through the SOP and it's relevant material and everything looks and smells delicious.

Comment

Every so often the poo hits the fan Getz. But, we have always been able to push forward. Even if all comms break down, the plan goes out the window and the helo crashes into an enemy camp, the leaders we have here keep it together and go with the flow. You will see, we have a good system.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Getz View Post
                      I got this thing about tactics and teamwork... If the time comes that those things collapse and what is supposed to be an organized event unfolds into a chaotic nightmare...I tend to get - - - angry. But I've read through the SOP and it's relevant material and everything looks and smells delicious.
                      Welcome Getz. You will enjoy playing with TG I'm sure but remember it's not all perfect all the time. On any given night you may be playing an unbelievable mission or several great missions in a row that will blow the socks off your original expectations. But like anything there's always is a little give and take and it's not too terribly unusual to encounter a mission or two that isn't perfection. As you know from you OFP days it's all about the non coms and officers leading the squads and sometimes it's not as optimum as it can be. This is where you come in. Step up when you are comfortable and lead in the style you see fit.

The other thing-TG does host planned events. This is much different in nature than the nightly somewhat random action on the server. These are preplanned missions hosted on a semi regular basis that include up to 50 or 60 players at a time, sometimes more. While the missions themselves are awesome getting that many people organized at one time for a common goal can be a challenge and often seems chaotic. Hold fast however and you'll be rewarded with some awesome game play.

Cheers.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'm well aware things to never go "exactly" as planned. I was more or less referring to when things just turn into an Absolute Mess. That's when I get all *meh*. Absolute Mess being - Mission Leader's lose complete control of a situation and so forth. I've run into that a lot. Can't wait to get on comms with you guys though. Also - I haven't picked up Operation Arrowhead yet....should I?

Comment

A lot of the community has ported over to Operation Arrowhead following its release. You'll fine about 2/3's (if not more) of the community playing Operation Arrowhead. Don't let that pressure you into buying it right of the bat however, make sure your computer can run, and make sure you enjoy ArmA II before getting OA. No point in spending the hard earned greenbacks for something you don't intend on using. :)

Also, word on the street is, we may have a retro night sometime over the summer season. By "retro" I mean some good old fashioned OFP. From what it sounds, you seem like you're an old school player like that, I'll be sure to send the message your way if plans for an OFP night finalize. :)

Comment

Gonna make me dig through my dusty shelf of vintage PC games for OFP? lol As for computer - not much worried about OA. - Core i7 paired with a GTX 260 (For now.) and 9gb of RAM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X