ENB Series for Arma2 and AO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENB Series for Arma2 and AO

Not sure if any of you will find this interesting at all but here I go.

Back in my FS9 day's the community came across something called ENB series. It's coding or software or whatever you want to call it.. Well, some russian genius named Boris Vorontsov managed to take the coding and turn into into a set of files that can be applied to ANY game. What it does is it takes the colors and adjust them to be realistic and better looking. It creates darker shadows and personally makes the sun's impact on a game more realistc. The video below is the ENB series with the standard file that became available years ago.

I find that AO is not very pretty and seems to have a white film to it and this mod takes care of it. it's not something you need to put in a command line but rather drop it into your root ArmA2 folder. When you start the game it automatically becomes activated and you can turn it on or off via CTRL+SHIFT+F12 at any point.

Here is the tuned version of the ENB Series the FS9 community uses.

http://speedskater.ru/download/arccv...e_for_MSFS.rar

You can go into the file and adjust any of the settings to make the game darker increasing the strength of the shadows or increase the bloom effect.

Try it out if you want and report back if you think it's pointless or if it does impress you.

To those who are worried... THERE IS NO FPS HIT WITH THIS MOD.
    Last edited by viper1986; 07-17-2010, 08:12 PM.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: ENB Series for Arma2 and AO

Just tested this. LOOKS AMAZING! Great find!

Comment

Holy mother of god, that is an incredible amount of bloom and washed out....
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

BLLLOOMMMM LOTS OF BLLLLOOMMM. I can never understand why people think more bloom = better graphics.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

So does it work for ARMA?

Comment

Understand that the video is not a representation of the file i have provided. The settings that come with the file have the bloom toned done a TON so don't feel worried by the video.

Could people post pictures to show the comparison for AO with ENB activation and without it on? Just so people can get an idea of what they can expect.

@HOT,

I haven't tried it with ARMA but it should work with ARMA. I can imagine that it would make it look awesome and possibly revive the series :)

Spartan 4

Comment

Here are two SN's with ENB can you tell?

are these too big?

Comment

I call shenannigans. LAg, lag everywhere! :D
                Nihility

Comment

Well from the video it looked like it made dark things darker and light things lighter.

MY EYES!!!

Comment

I hate repeating myself but DO NOT USE THE VIDEO AS A MEANS OF JUDGING THE MOD. The file I have provided tones down the Bloom alot and is really meant for color correction and isn't as dark as the video.

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by DXfan01 View Post
                      Here are two SN's with ENB can you tell?

are these too big?

If you would post snap shots without the ENB I think we all could look at the difference. But just looking at them these pictures are INSANE looking and just look so beautiful.

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                        I call shenannigans. LAg, lag everywhere! :D
                        Is this response after testing it or just assuming you think there will be lag.

Spartan 4

Comment

Im assuming that anything that increases graphical eye candy will add fps drop AKA lag. This is a fair assumption in a game that allready has HUGE problems with fps unless your running a 10 by 10 foot bank of processors.
                          Nihility

Comment

Where did u ge tthat file? I tried SAVING it soi could drop in the game folder but it wont let me save it.
                            Also the link above is for Microsoft Flight Sim. Is there a basic Rar file to get for ALL GAMES?? and if so where do i get it?
                            Thnx

Comment

I just tested it, no FPS loss and it actually makes the game slightly darker. I like it, all the white objects are no longer blinding it gives the game a more realistic feel that not everything is so bright and cheerful.
                              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X