Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old missions from Arma2 Alpha on OA Bravo

Hi,

I've not seen this brought up in the forum but it was an issue yesterday on the server. Is it possible or is there a reason why not to put (the good) missions on Chernarus, Duala, Celle and so on that we had on the Arma2 Alpha server over to the OA Bravo server? Most missions should be compatible, the only reason I could think of is the probable lack of 119 radios which would make PLT level communication difficult. The reason why I ask is that there seems to be a bit of a lack of missions. We had some really cool stuff on Arma2 Alpha which I'd like to see on OA Bravo as well.

Re: Old missions from Arma2 Alpha on OA Bravo

Ye I think its safe to say we have run through most of the missions a lot. My thoughts were also that the old missions from A2 would be brought back. Im dont know what the plan is but Im sure someone knows, Id like to have them back too they are brilliant :)

Comment

I actually asked Socom about this myself, apparently a lot of the old arma 2 missions have old Ace content that isn't compatible with the new ace. Bit of a pain :/ believe it or not I'm actually kinda missing the WAC missions :P

Most of them probably have the radios in them, if the class names are still the same, they worked as backpacks in old ace.

Comment

So lets hold "Classic ARMA2" nights where we all visit the A2 server :D

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

It is possible to play some missions that do not use ACE US army units or certain ACE weapons but we would have to determine which missions do not include those. Furthermore, it is possible to convert old missions with non compatible content by removing that content but it is time consuming.
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

True but it might not be as time consuming to remove them as it is to make entirely new missions :P
            I really miss the defensive missions, those were my favourite. Especially the one on the railway tracks, holding the bridge.

Anyway I hope to see some more missions coming up now that ACE is in. Im thinking about making some of my own missinos but havent a clue where to get started.

Comment

Right now with ACE, they removed all the classnames that had a compatible unit/object in OA ... there is no backwards compatibility to replace the ACE G36, lets say, with the OA G36, all missions that reference the old ACE units that OA has replacements for will not work.
              It is not that we do not want to have these missions running, it is that we need to get either a classname update for every mission made previously, or hope that ACE introduces a backwards compatibility hotfix for existing classnames. It is really a fairly time consuming process but something we are trying to work thru.
              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

I see I didnt realise it was that complicated. Hopefully there will be some sort of workaround. In the meantime, lets churn out the missions :D

Comment

Well I know alot of us are spending a lot of hours trying to get you some new maps to play with :-) My main problem is inspiration, so if you have any ideas for a map drop me a detailed PM and i'll have a shot at making it :-)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kief View Post
                    I really miss the defensive missions, those were my favourite. Especially the one on the railway tracks, holding the bridge.
                    Gas, gas, gas! ;) (Haven't seen beta in a bit, hope he has also jumped over to OA.)

Too bad that the old missions need to be adapted, but I agree doing this is certainly faster than coming up with totally new missions. Also with the old missions, we would have some solid stuff to play with as we know that they work well and their bugs have already been ironed out. But I can also understand if mission makers are more keen on doing new stuff instead of fixing their old stuff. In any case, I hope we see cool new or old stuff soon. :)

Comment

I'll retrofit some of my missions to be compatible with OA and re-release them for OA. Old islands and everything.
                      "Never forget that you are there to SERVE the soldiers. Listen to your NCOs and always do the right thing." -My Father
                      "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGNxHMFjigA"
                      "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce0c6qVnJE4"
                      "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Lpc9vTnqU"
                      "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEzc9fB8xPo"
                      "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tdCTP_ae_8"
                      "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrmoSZgYaFw"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
                        I actually asked Socom about this myself, apparently a lot of the old arma 2 missions have old Ace content that isn't compatible with the new ace. Bit of a pain :/ believe it or not I'm actually kinda missing the WAC missions :P

Most of them probably have the radios in them, if the class names are still the same, they worked as backpacks in old ace.
                        Kinda? WACs excite my loins in a myriad of undefinable ways.

Comment

When I return I will most assuredly make some neato missions. Will need to take a few days to wrap my head around all the new content and changes though.

I hear ACRE is out, ACE is out for OA and all that jazz.

Couple more weeks and I will be back, with a worse habit for swearing probably :(

Comment

I think what it mostly takes to adapt old missions (and making new ones) is to respect the needs of ACRE (if you are going for that), that is, add in some good measure of 119s. ;)

Comment

Would also be nice to start churning out new missions on old maps rather than using Takistan all the time. The server is now Combined Ops rated so all should have the old maps plus of course we have TGMaps.
                              [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X