X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British add-on coming...

Just ran across this:

http://www.arma2.com/game-features/a...atures_en.html

Came back to TG to see if anyone knew more about it... first i heard of it, kinda surprised so close after the release of OA... but sounds great to me.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: British add-on coming...

Looks like they are trying to compete with PR. :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

There's been OA pictures featuring brits for ages. I guess BI originally intented to feature them in OA, but changed it to US Army for marketing purposes. Now they've had some time to polish and try the DLC route, which is a new experiment entirely for BI.

I hoped they'd be included through a patch, but it seems they'll be worth the price as DLC. There's a bunch of new VR3 features (engineering stuff) and it seems BI is finally fixing up the addon compatibility mess. I'm pretty happy and will probably buy them just to support BI.

You should check the BI forum and see the CEO's answers to some community questions in the DLC announcement thread. It's really made my day.

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      Looks like they are trying to compete with PR. :)
      TBH, if british stuff is the main draw for PR, they've been outdone already by other A2 addons. PR strives to deliver an easy template for realistic play, from which a community can grow. ACE has already done that (though unintentional), PR just needs it's BF2 community to migrate.

PR can however deliver some great maps, content and missions I'm greatly looking forward to. But BI bagged PR in realism in the OFP days already. PR is kind of a misnomer when you compare BF2:PR to ArmA.

But yea, offtopic.

Comment

Conspicuous absence of "new map(s)" as a selling point, which is one of the few things I would be most inclined to buy as DLC. New units and stuff is neat, but it depends how much it will cost. I guess if it's adopted here I won't really have a choice, though :p.

Nice to see it includes a Jackal MWMIK, I've wanted one in the game ever since I watched that BBC report on British troops on patrol in Helmand.

edit: It's GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99 apparently. Flashbacks to the BF2 booster packs...

Comment

I demand Irish PDF addon if we get British addon :P
          Nihility

Comment

Lol, I would buy the DLC if I could...

Steam does not sells in BRL, and there is no other site here that sells digital downloads.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
              Lol, I would buy the DLC if I could...

Steam does not sells in BRL, and there is no other site here that sells digital downloads.
              Bummer, but you can always ask a friend abroad to buy it for you as a gift through steam, and you can give him the money in return. I've done that before for a friend who doesn't have paypal/Creditcard.

Comment

True... but meh.

Comment

errr, hope this is free cause the ends do not justify the means. There are a ton of free addons that can be compared to this and I for one dont see enough to convince me to pay for something that could (has) been made by the community.

However this leads to the bigger question... How is TG going to handle these paid for BIS micro-addons? I hope these dont become required to play at TG because this will do nothing but whittle down the community.
                  The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

I agree with Marvin.

We could play with the British using other free addons.

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                      They still have trouble rendering whiskey bottles instead of weapons in the hands of the soldiers :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

We were actually just discussing DLC in the TFP channel the other day. I'll probably steer clear from this just because MP is pretty much all i play in A2, and this is just going to fragment the player base more. The only DLC i would really be interested in is maybe a new island to go along with a new faction, because island making is really the only thing that i think BIS can out-do the modding community on.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                          I cant understand why there arent Steyr AUG and its variants in ArmA :(
                          They are simply epic weapons

Comment

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11298
                            http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7861
                            http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10895
                            http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7748
                            http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7718

meh
                            The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Admittedly the UKF stuff needs some work, but STALKER's 3 Rifles are sexy as hell.

In a world of Herp, one man dares to Derp.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X