Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Story Behind Your TG Alias! (The ArmA Spin-Off)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Story Behind Your TG Alias! (The ArmA Spin-Off)

Whilst sharking through the forums due to boredom and red bull, I came across this thread and figured I would transplant it here for the ArmA community.

I came up with Dredge from a combination of different influences. Dredg is a band that I have been listening too since I got a one song cassette demo from them many moons ago. Its also a small reference to a movie called "Titan A.E" in which, the alien bad guys known as the "Drej" are made up of pure energy. (Reminded me of my younger self, all skitzed out on Jolt 24/7).

So, I took the pronunciation of "Drej", through in the spelling of "Dredg", tossed an "E" at the end because some people would butcher the name, and "Dredge" was born. And I have been using it ever since. Plus it sounds cool :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: The Story Behind Your TG Alias! (The ArmA Spin-Off)

well mines kinda stupid actually its really stupid, when i was younger i was really really into wrestling (WWF/WWE) and there was a group named DX and they ran around doing crotch chops and telling people to suck it... so i became a fanboy of DX.. though i don't watch wrestling anymore the name stays with me

and my in-game name Onlygolden1 is also pretty dumb when i was a young lad xbox live had just been invented so, i asked my mom to set it up for me and she game me the name Onlygolden1 and ever since i have used that.

Comment

Xmaster.
      My name is Alexander. So this is where "Xmaster" comes from. Plus when I made my debuts as a PC gamer, I was always playing with a friend of mine who went by the "Zmaster" moniker. That was 9 / 10 years ago.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

Back in the olden days of 2002 there was a game called Command and Conquer Renegade. This game was really my first introduction into online gaming and i will always remember my experiences in that game. This game was the first game that required me to have an online name and I ran around with random things for my name for a while not really caring what i was represented by. Long story short an older friend of mine was a bit of a hacker and gave me some hacks to mess around with in the game. There was one hack that would import a invincible flying toilet vehicle into the game and you could fly around shooting these fusion bomb things everywhere pretty much winning the match. After a week of hacking some usual players would recognize me and i started to get known as the fusion poo for the flying toilet and fusion bombs. I didn't hack for much longer but even to this day I like to be known as fusionpoo. Not a very proud moment in my gaming history but the name has stuck with me through thick and thin.
        If you wanna find me off TG
        Xbox live- fusionpo0
        Steam Username - 0hilla27/fusionpoo
        Xfire - fusionpoo

Comment

HOT = When i used to play counterstrike beta (the original) comms was typically over a crappy 56k modem, so all the players on my clan chose really quick small names like "frog" "dog" "hot" etc.

Machina = Deus Ex Machina "whereby a seemingly inextricable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new character.....simply put I had a style of play that often involved popping up from nowhere, killing someone and disappearing in both FPS and RTS, so putting the elements together left me with hotmachina.

Why uppercase? Everquest would not allow me to register the name lowercase as it was offensive.

Comment

Well... I work as a janitor... Ain't it exciting... :O
            "Somethimes it feels like life sucks, but you still got to make the best of it.."

Comment

Back in the late 90s, I was headed onstage to play lead for a song or two with my older brother, during a CD release show. The group of guys I was coding with (the l0pht guys, via @stake, where I was working) were in the audience. My brother introduced me by saying that "this little f*cker plays better than I do!" (a kind untruth), and thus my handle was created by my colleagues. Later abbreviated to LF, then ellF.

Comment

I was trying to think of a word to use for an email address. Arcto popped into my head. It was allready taken. I honestly thought i had created the word. Turns out its Bear in Latin.
                And soupy norman? Hes my hero.
                Nihility

Comment

tiggr ... when I started first playing online, it was a game called Longbow 2 with the Apache AH-64D with multi-seat online flight capability. Was also playing Falcon3 and 4 about same time (almost flunked first year of Law School because of Falcon and other flight sims). Anyway, callsign "tiggr" was given because of my attack tactics of "pouncing" during air combat sorties and in your face roll around low level CAS in Longbow. I have used it since when gaming. Till TG ARMA 2, I mostly have played flight sims rather than ground assault.

ps .. early online flight sims used a program called "Roger Wilco" for voice communication in game .. sometimes what we are doing reminds me of those early comms.
                  "The unexamined life is not worth living". Socrates. "The unlived life is not worth examining". |TG| tiggr

Comment

Mine is easy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKzM8xsQ5-U

Comment

I use to smoke 25 cigarettes a day in the house. Now I only smoke 10 cigarettes/day outside, but I now chew 3 packs of hubba bubba original as a replacement for the other 15 smokes.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W_Cephei

And "VyMajoris" is an abreviation of Vy Canis Majoris

This explains all.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

My name used to be Sir-Nerds-A-Lot, a spoof on Lancelot. I shortened it to Sir-Nerd. Most people call me Nerd.

I use to look like that stereotypical nerd, Glasses, braces, pale, messed up hair, smart and tech savvie. I got called Nerd so many times i started answering to it in real life, so i took it up online. Those people don't call me Nerd anymore, they think im nutz.
                          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Man, tiggr. I remember those games; I had the original Longbow, with the spiral bound manual from Janes describing the chopper in detail. Such a great time, learning to fly nap-of-the-earth and taking down enemy tanks. First game I bought a joystick for (not counting the C64 days), too.

Comment

After a career of 24 years in the USN and most of them as a Chief Boatswain Mate(now retired), I was addressed simply as " The Chief"... as in "go ask the Chief" or "The Chief said", a one name moniker. As that other squid says... "I yam wot I yam.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X