X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viper1986
    started a topic J.S.R.S Sound Mod

J.S.R.S Sound Mod

I thought I'd bring this to your attention as a new sound mod has been released but still in BETA stage. This sound mod when completed will be almost 800 Megabytes consisting of over 1000 new sounds and every weapon, vehicle, and environment sound replaced. This is a massive project but something that I have been waiting to see for some time.

Link at armaholic:
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11549

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfpLDyBoKo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kKCX3aJazE

V/R,

Viper

• Megagoth1702
    replied
    Re: J.S.R.S Sound Mod

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
    Sound mods will have absolutely zero affect on ACRE; we use no in-game sounds.
    Ah, so that's why it takes me so long to download, gotta be some high quality samples. ;)

Leave a comment:

• LowSpeedHighDrag
    replied

Do it!

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

I might have to give this mod a look. Had one for ArmA2 that was really good. Can't recall the name though....

Leave a comment:

• Fultron
    replied

I installed the mod and used it for a night. It seems like a vast improvement on the treble ridden and mid-boosted ACEX_SM sounds.

I'm liking most of the beefy weapons sounds (AK107 and M110 are kinda lo-fi). The incoming fire sounds pretty good as well, definitely makes me want to put my head down. Vehicle sounds are definitely not bad. Blackhawks have a nice roar to them.

My problem is with the environment. I play with a set of good quality Sennheisers. The crickets for me are earsplitting, as are the new wind sounds. Luckily, I didn't combine the folders, so I simply do not load @JSRS-E. Problem solved.

So far, I'm a big fan.

Leave a comment:

• Sandiford
    replied

.pbo files go in addOns folder
    addOns folder goes in a @modname folder
    @modname goes in your modline or select with a launcher

modfolders can be named anything you want, the only thing that matters is that that mod folder is in your modline.
    .pbos from one mod can be spread among multiple folders, multiple mods can be put in one folder, you can run mods in any order.

understand modfolders and its trivial to organise your mods however you like

Leave a comment:

• Megagoth1702
    replied

There is rarely a stupid question.

If you unpack all the @JSRS folders into your arma2 folder they will MERGE and become one big one. You will get asked "do you want to merge the content of the folders? (since they are named the same)", hit YES and its all good. :)

In the end it looks like this:

@MODFOLDER/addons/a.lot.of.files.pbo

Leave a comment:

• Dredge
    replied

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    another stupid question. The readme tells me to unpack everything, cut and past into the addons folder, but in the .rar there are four (4) @JSRS folders.

Do i have to have each one of those run in my mod line or can I combine them together in one folder?
    You should be able to just put them all in one folder. Thats what I would do.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Bauer
    replied

another stupid question. The readme tells me to unpack everything, cut and past into the addons folder, but in the .rar there are four (4) @JSRS folders.

Do i have to have each one of those run in my mod line or can I combine them together in one folder?

Leave a comment:

• Impulse 9
    replied

Yes, ACEX_SM is only the sounds that have been replaced or added by ACE & ACEX. Default ingame sounds may be missing from the addon content introduced by ACE. JSRS covers a limited selection of the basic game sounds, with more being introduced with each update.

Leave a comment:

• Sherman
    replied

Is it possible to remove the files from ACEX_SM and put the J.S.R.S files in it? Iam still able to join the server then?

Leave a comment:

• Impulse 9
    replied

ArmAholic mirrors should be back up again today for those having problems yesterday with downloads.

Leave a comment:

• snipe3000
    replied

Thanks ACOG, will give this a try.

Leave a comment:

• ACOGRecon
    replied

Snipe, RPT is an error logging file that notes all of the errors processed by the game during a mission.

Leave a comment:

• Seiler
    replied

It's not perfect but I think its the best sound mod out there right now. I love the bullet impact noises (i.e. branches cracking or bullets pinging off metal).

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X