I asked Dredge for a mission.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked Dredge for a mission.....

And for my sins he gave me one. It was to find a way to bind a mouse key to CAPSLOCK.

Gentlemen and Lorelei, i present: http://www.freewarefree.net/utility/...n-control-142/

Just tested it, and it works fine.
    Simply run it as admin and when its open select which mouse button you want to use (there all listed).

Select "Simulated Keystrokes" and type "{CAPSLOCK}" without the " ".
    And there you go.
    Just be aware that it over rides andy windows set key for the mouse while open.
    Enjoy!
    Nihility

Re: I asked Dredge for a mission.....

Great work, mission accomplished. You get a cookie.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

So you are using this instead of editing the acre_keys.hpp under the folder \userconfig\acre\ to edit what key you use in game for radio?
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        You get a cookie.
        Fresh from the oven!

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
          So you are using this instead of editing the acre_keys.hpp under the folder \userconfig\acre\ to edit what key you use in game for radio?
          From Nou, ACRE team, posted on another forum in response to the question "Can you bind a mouse key to use acre?"

As for the mouse buttons, no not yet, we plan to in the future with a more robust in game config tool, but for right now it only supports keyboard commands. My suggestion till we add this functionality is to look into ways to bind specific mouse buttons to keyboard keys.
          Nihility

Comment

why not just go into the game and bind the mouse key you want to the default action for whatever capslock does, like on a joystick the fire button does the same thing on the mouse.
            just saying to make it easier for people to accomplish this without installing another program

Comment

Originally posted by waldo170 View Post
              why not just go into the game and bind the mouse key you want to the default action for whatever capslock does, like on a joystick the fire button does the same thing on the mouse.
              just saying to make it easier for people to accomplish this without installing another program
              Unfortunatly it doesnt work that way as you have to unbind the capslock key from doing anything or else it will do 2 things. The acre_keys.hpp uses capslock, not the VON function to transmit.....if ya know what i mean.
              Nihility

Comment

Because Capslock isnt bound to ACRE in game. Its bound in its config file.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Was genuinely curious is all.
                  I know in the past when I have needed to set a key in game via ACE_keys.hpp and ACRE_keys.hpp
                  I would bind the desired key in game to an action such as "sit" or "surrender" then open the Arm2OAProfile (mydocuments\arma2\username\arma2oaprofile --- mydocuments\arma2 other profiles\username\arma2oaprofile) , look for that action and then copy that key bind # ... this would give you the ingame key number that you could then put into your ACRE_Keys.hpp

After which time you can then unbind that action from the sit/surrender actions.

The down side being, via the xxx_keys.hpp file is you can only bind "ONE" button to do this action, you can not share it with multiple buttons, such as (mouse 5 normal/joystick 8 when flying, gamepad 8 when doing other things) It would only work with one of those, not all three.
                  The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

uberOption if you're using a Logitech mouse. 'nough said.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                    The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X