This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No "Join in Progress"

So....It's saturday afternoon and Im all set for a nice round in Bravo server.....I load up my game join a slot on blueforce and hit continue.....

I canīt spawn in and end up spectating cause there's that NO JIP rule....Come on guys I thought this NO JIP was in the past, Operation Flashpoint stuff.....

Operation Arrowhead just got release and you're already running limited (17 players) maps with no JIP? Really frustrating....

I respect TACTICAL GAMER's gaming policy and style A LOT, it's my choice being here and I ONLY play ArmaII+OA here, but maybe you should reconsider your position about NO JIP rounds, specially on a weekend.

Thanks and Peace!

Re: No "Join in Progress"

Mission makers discretion. There's no rules saying you can't play no-JIP missions.

Alpha is always there if no-JIP becomes common.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
      Mission makers discretion. There's no rules saying you can't play no-JIP missions.

Alpha is always there if no-JIP becomes common.
      There's no rules, but the game won't let us play it once the round starts, you can only spectate.

Alpha server is 90% of the time empty.

Im 100% aware of TG's rules, Im only asking for you guys to try and avoid playing NO JIP missions on a weekend. That's it.....

But that's your house and your rules.

Comment

As I was the one who was the administrator, I will try and keep on top of that, Thanks for the heads up and the positive attitude.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

The mission was inteded to be JIP but had a bug preventing it - seeing as we'd started we decided to finish.
          Last edited by Jack Bauer; 08-07-2010, 05:46 PM. Reason: edited for administrative reasons

Comment

This was just a friendly reminder.....Please be respectful when replying to forum posts!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Actually, that mission stated in the description that it was JIP, there may have been a small error on the makers part or a script problem. Also, every mission we have played so far today has been JIP.

If you stick around for a short while you can get in on a new mission which is usually better as you get a proper briefing and the like. JIP's often force the commander to take time to sort them out mid-mission, find them a squad, find them transport to said squad, then squad or team leaders have to assist in getting their comms set up and the battle plan relayed.

Its doable, but it takes some extra work and repeating of things established in the briefing. Its not really that big of a deal to wait a short while until the mission is done and join in on a new one.

Those are my thoughts, anyway. Take it for what its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Fultron View Post
                Actually, that mission stated in the description that it was JIP, there may have been a small error on the makers part or a script problem. Also, every mission we have played so far today has been JIP.

If you stick around for a short while you can get in on a new mission which is usually better as you get a proper briefing and the like. JIP's often force the commander to take time to sort them out mid-mission, find them a squad, find them transport to said squad, then squad or team leaders have to assist in getting their comms set up and the battle plan relayed.

Its doable, but it takes some extra work and repeating of things established in the briefing. Its not really that big of a deal to wait a short while until the mission is done and join in on a new one.

Those are my thoughts, anyway. Take it for what its worth.
                You have your point.

But the guys were still choosing their gear at the main base, the mission wasnt started. How long should I have waited since I had no idea what kind of mission was that?

So I decided to disconnect and talk about it here on the official TG forum. Was my attitude wrong in this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                  As I was the one who was the administrator, I will try and keep on top of that, Thanks for the heads up and the positive attitude.
                  Thank you, sir!

Comment

no your attitude was fine, you have every right to post questions here, another good choice is to poke someone on TS to see how much longer or any other question you have. :)

Comment

It's just a simple bug. The mission title said it was a JIP/Respawn. If you couldn't JIP then it was most likely because of a scripting error. When you asked on global I believe someone told you that.

Comment

Originally posted by therifleman View Post
                        It's just a simple bug. The mission title said it was a JIP/Respawn. If you couldn't JIP then it was most likely because of a scripting error. When you asked on global I believe someone told you that.
                        I dont know if it was a bug or not....

I did ask in global, and received an answer "I dont want you whining in global, friendo". Don't know exactly who said it.

But thats not the case....I rather believe it was a bug and you TG guys are already on it.

Lets carry on.

Comment

He said Friendo, I dont detect any hostility there.

When you think about it. We WERE in the middle of an OP, and your answer was promptly answered. You then proceeded to remark/complain/whine. Do you honestly expect everyone to pause what they are doing and help you figure out why you cannot join?

Comment

Thread has run its course.....please remember you were once at this spot in gaming!! I am disappointed in the response I have read.....M.R.C..... Manners Respect and Cooperation.....that is all I ask and none was shown in this thread towards a new member, regardless of the situation....

==-THREAD CLOSED-==

Comment

On another note, If you are still having problems CaptRio, please find an administrator or IHS member, as they are always willing to lend a hand!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X