This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats lacking on the server.

What do you feel is the most lacking size of missions on the OA servers?
    1-10 players
    26.67%
    10-20 players
    66.67%
    20-30 players
    3.33%
    30+
    3.33%

Re: Whats lacking on the server.

I want to say that specifically 1 to 10, with the spread increased to 15players, as late night, and quick missions with seeding potential.

Seeding missions should not inherently be missions that are ran for multiple hours, but quick missions that could be played sequentially and continue to grow the population and or maintain a current population with out losing people from time/exhaustion attrition.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Hard to say, 8-12 player missions that are JIP-scalable to 30 so as it seeds people arn't left waiting.

Comment

Earlier today there was three people on the server playing Warfare. It was somewhat uninteresting so we switched to a proper Co-op. Within a couple minutes we had nine people on server and very few missions that were suited.

As others have stated, it seems that missions for low numbers that support JIP and bring people into the server are in short supply.

Comment

And there are always mission types that keep people away as well, those being Domination/Warfare. Depending on how they are setup and ran, if there is command or not those mission choices can become toxic to getting new players to join. At least to those that are looking for proper coop/structured play. So, cycling your seeding missions is always helpful.
          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

It would be nice if someone made a mission designed for 5-10 or so people, but still put in 10 or more extra slots so people could JIP. Basically what ForGloryAndPain said.

The JIP squad could get enfields or something =p

We're also missing, in my opinion, Opfor and Resistance missions.

...And zombie apocalypse missions, but that's another story altogether.

Comment

More awareness of missions which already exist. All the WAC missions on celle were just updated. I wish there was a list of missions currently on the server with descriptions of everything. I remember boon/impulse saying once it was going to happen - I hope it does :/

A weekly update of whats been uploaded.

BTW me and falcor are working on a syrian mech campaign set in the golan heights area during the yom kippur war. 33+ slots for most missions, although a few will be ~11

Comment

More unique TvT.....like stormchaser. Anyone feel like making Operation SandChaser?
                Nihility

Comment

I spit on your TvT! Patooey!

I just got a CO11 I made up on server recently, I made it in full knowledge that lower numbers mission (10-15) are lacking. I have a plan for another mission which I will start tonight. If anyone knows how to make a mission JIP please tell me other than leaving the AI on

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                    More unique TvT.....like stormchaser. Anyone feel like making Operation SandChaser?
                    Is Tesla even alive still?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I started working on a simple mission (before my computer became unavailable and I hope it becomes available sometime soon so I can get back to playing with you guys) and its going to be 1 SL and two TL's so its going to be roughly around 10-15 men. The only thing I know how to do is basic OP map editing. I might need some feedback on what to add like JIP or something of that nature. I know nothing about scripting so yeah. Just giving you guys a heads up on whats to come.

Comment

I say 10-20 players JIP. This week alone I joined the server at prime time (9:00 ish) and for three days in a row now 5-8 people including myself, had to wait anywhere from 20 min to 1 hr because there was a 8-12 player non-JIP mission going on. I know its hard to pick a mission with this many people, therfore we need 10-20 player JIP missions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                          Is Tesla even alive still?
                          Not when im slotted on opfor as one of the suicide bombers!
                          Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Kief View Post
                            I just got a CO11 I made up on server recently
                            Does it only have 11 slots? One problem I see sometimes is when we want to play a small mission, but we might have one or two more people too many. Not only that, if it gets full nobody can JIP.

This ends up making it so that if you have 5 players you play a 10 player mission, and if you have 10 players you play a 15-20 player mission etc.

Comment

Still waiting for embassy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse