PR [DEV] Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR [DEV] Journal

People, this thread is for [DEV] quotes, pictures and videos relating to PR. It will not be stickied, but will resurface any time there is something anyone, you included, see over at Reality Mod. Discussion, opinions etc are welcome in this thread. Lets keep it focused on the news, the images and the media surrounding the Project Reality mod. Lets try and keep it on topic.......

With all that in mind................;)

ArmA 2 PR Highlight Reel #2

Originally posted by R-DEV UK_Force
    Welcome to the first of what will be a number of PR:ArmA2 Highlight Reels over the next week or so.

Apologies for keeping the community waiting a long time for this second installment. Things have been pretty hectic with the team, as you will see. As a thank you for your patience, we will be releasing a bumper number of Highlight Reels over the next 7-10 days, to show you all that the team is still beavering away at PR:ArmA2.

Since our last update, the team have been concentrating and testing on our main focus - its dynamic gameplay for PvP. During this time we have lost a few members of our team due to personal reasons, and we all wish them luck in the future. The PR door is always open to them, as they know. We have had to shuffle around some of our work load, and some of our intial concepts are currently on hold for future releases.

- Important Engine news

With the recent release of Operation Arrowhead and its good reviews, we have now had the chance as a team to evaluate it. We have come to the conclusion during the evaluation that this is the preferred engine and environment to be used. As such, we wish to officially announce that PR:ArmA2 will require Combined Operations in the future.

Combined Operations means: Both ArmA2 & OA as 'separate' installs or Combined Operations bought as one package.

- Current Ongoing Work

As we initially mentioned, our main focus is on gameplay with a minimal British Faction. The reason for this being we need to take everything one step at a time, to ensure our gameplay is sound. This element alone is what PR is best known for. Testing so far has proven a lot of concepts, and we now have testers reporting back that it now "feels like PR", which is exactly what we are aiming for. Although not 100% complete, and some still only concepts here are our possible current game modes:

- AAS
    - Attack & Defend - (one directional AAS/front-line flow)
    - Command & Control
    - Skirmish
    - Insurgency

We'll be showcasing more in the future about gameplay with a dedicated Highlights Reel concentrating on this one subject at a later date, this will answer all your gameplay questions we hope. A selection of screenshots are shown below of our most recent work with the OA engine.

- Become a PR Developer or Contributor

The Project Reality Team are still actively recruiting talent! If you would like to be a part of an established development team, with some experienced developers and many more contributors, or you have a skillset within ArmA2 and would like to help out, please don't hesitate to contact any of the team, or email [R-DEV]UK_Force. Whatever your skill, let us know. We are always recruiting.

That's it for now, but we'll be showcasing some more exciting assets and gameplay elements in a few days. Watch this space!

- The Project Reality Team
    Last edited by Jeepo; 08-13-2010, 03:47 AM.

Re: PR [DEV] Journal

Do you guys know if caves are possible?? thats always been something i liked that PR has done lol

Comment

Originally posted by DXfan01 View Post
      Do you guys know if caves are possible?? thats always been something i liked that PR has done lol
      Someone asked a similar question over at the reality mod site.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440...1-tunnels.html

It seems possible, the work around looks rather difficult so I guess it's down to whether the DEVS manage to get the effect up to PR standards.

Comment

A tunnel is no different to a house, just a model with a hole in it.

Comment

Models and collision detection can become an issue, but it should be no worse than walking inside any building in ArmA at present, or ontop of any object, rock/building/bridge.

True underground missions require holes to be cut within the map over the whole surface of the landscape. One would be required to make an object and or series of objects to place within this hole to make the effect presentable. *(ex Namalsk basements -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAx9wJaVrUM)
          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Re: The [DEV] Dump

Nice pics..... ;)
            [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

If you build a building that inside looks like the inside of a cave and then position it on a hillside in such a manor that 90% of that building is inside of the hillside - you effectively get a cave....
              [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

The caves at the back of barracuda were probably the most fun thing i used to do in PR. Get into a squad with my mates and head there in a dinghy. Spend the whole round climbing up the inside of the cave dodging hand grenades and generally having a laugh. Good times. On the loading screen i used to hope that there was gonna be no commander on that map ;)
                Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by DXfan01 View Post
                  Yes, it is. I created caves in editor in some of my Fallout missions, back in Arma 2. People probably remember when we played them. You basically make mountains and then tunnels, by using set pos, get pos command. Lots of work, but effect was great.

Check this thread, back in the day for mission screens, some picture of tunnels should be there ===> http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-mi...s-screens.html

Comment

So now my question to you guys is if there was one PR map that would be ported to ArmA 2 and expanded what would you want, i personally would want Korengal, or Barracuda.

Comment

Kashan desert would be easy enough. Coupla mountains, about 10 buildings.
                      Nihility

Comment

Everything looks nice but I wonder if they'll keep the same garbage gameplay. It's shameful that they even have the word reality in their mod.
                        At this point PR Arma looks like some fine eye candy but I'll be waiting until they deliver any info about true realism that'll be implemented. Not rifle accuracy which is worse than a paintball gun's.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistolfied View Post
                          Everything looks nice but I wonder if they'll keep the same garbage gameplay. It's shameful that they even have the word reality in their mod.
                          At this point PR Arma looks like some fine eye candy but I'll be waiting until they deliver any info about true realism that'll be implemented. Not rifle accuracy which is worse than a paintball gun's.
                          This is the kinda stuff that jeepos talking about, keep this crap out. Stop whining. If you don't want to play it, then don't, and stop whining to everyone else about how you hate it.

Comment

My favorites would be Quai river and Kozelzk(?) (mountains and forest, with castle)

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to h3killa again.
                              :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X