Map Stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Stats

So I often launch Yoma server monitor in the background when I want to play TG and they are playing tvt/warfare/domi, then go off and play something else for a while until it alerts me that the game is switching. However, sometimes I am in a game I cannot alt-tab out of or would like to wait until a map is chosen.

So, I wrote a small console php script to monitor the servers on my linux box at home, that I have going to another monitor. That way, I can glance over whenever I get the audio warning.
    Of course, gathering the data on a regular basis on a stable machine naturally led to me writing a few lines to log and parse the data with what I found to be interesting data.

Live Tally

This lists missions played since it started logging, and the player count between the beginning and end of the map being played. The gain/loss are the biggest changes at one given time. PlayTime is the percentage of time spent in-game as compared to lobby or briefing sim. The blank mission name means 'wait for host', or that nobody is playing on the server.

Sadly the data is skewed by server crashes, as is the case with WinsenSpoil, where a server crash recorded a massive loss of players from playing that mission. DDay v.2 had a couple crashes, one of which it recovered nicely from (hence the big single gain).
    Also the 0% played on some missions means the mission was selected, and then the admin switched to another mission shortly after.

Not sure if TG keeps their own stats somewhere already and this was redundant, but it was very easy to code and am putting it out here in case anyone is interested. Plus it might provide some insight as to a good way to fill the server, as it seems either selecting a new mission or playing Village Sweep are good ways to do it.

Re: Map Stats

Which Server/Port is this for? Might have to change how you stat track as I have mangled hte servers and ports last night :)
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

ah yeah, it was/is for bravo, thanks for the heads up.
      I have my status script showing/logging all the OA servers, but the tally one is just doing bravo for now.

Comment

Damnit cheese!!! Were normally playing domi/warfare to try and seed the server!! Not make people wait for it too change!! XD
        Nihility

Comment

There has to be a better way!! :D

Comment

I do the same thing. I check what's being played with Yoma and if its Warfare/Domi I wait till they start playing missions before I join up

Comment

Originally posted by cheesenoggin View Post
              There has to be a better way!! :D
              What about scheduling more missions and playing random missions betwen scheduled events....?
              Jimbo

"Help improve immersion, eliminate the green diamonds and map unit icons."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X