Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your EARS into the battle! (Soundmod)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get your EARS into the battle! (Soundmod)

Hello guys!

A video says more then a thousand words, check it out and while you listen to it (watching not needed) read this thread.

ArmA2 is a PAIN in the ass when you are just getting into it. All the mods, all the stuff you have to do before you can actually enjoy a game.
    So what makes a game? There is a theory that SOUND actually plays a major part in creating an intense game atmosphere. But what sound mod to use? There are so many and all of them have advantages and disadvantages. And for a beginner it is JUST TOO MUCH!
    I have worked my way through a few mods, read a lot in the ARMA forums and now I am using a mix up of several sound mods to give me the best aduio experience I can get in ArmA2.

My sound-mix combines some of the best gun samples out there, a few gear sound and environmental sounds, the best vehicle sounds out there and high quality SFX.
    EliasMod, HiFi, TRSM, CSM2.

Download it, all infos are in the YouTube video.
    Unpack the 7zip file into your arma2 folder and remove ACE_SM from your modline, replace it with "@SOUND". You MUST remove ACE_SM from your modset, you must NOT use both at the same time or there will be major problems and you will be hearing the vanilla sounds, which are even more crap. You can keep ACE_SM in your arma2 folder of course, if you want to switch back, but I doubt it.

ATTENTION - Although people say that some ACE features call different ACE_SM sounds, the ACE homepage does not support that:
    This is the Optional Soundmod. It only contains sounds that override default ArmA 2 sounds.
    Sounds for custom content are included with the content.(In this case, ACEX)
    Do not be afraid to remove ACE_SM from your modline, I personally NEVER EVER experienced any missing sounds or issues using my mix. If the mix does not replace a certain sound (because the last update to the soundmods are long time ago) the vanilla sound is played, it barely disturbs since all the other content is still there (FX etc.).

Another video, some random chunks.

I want you guys to get the best out of this game. Tell your friends about it. Seeing all the cool dudes connecting with ACE_SM and then complaining about the high treble... There is so much more to discover, so give it a try!

DOWNLOAD SOUNDMIX

Have a good night fellas, I am going to bed.

Re: Get your EARS into the battle! (Soundmod)

All these mods are great. But when Vopsound come out for OA... heh heh.

Also, thanks, I was with no time for test each soundmod.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

I used VOP as my first mod for A2 but after a while I found all the other stuff. :)

Comment

Another video with smooth performance! Megagoth, what's your computer specs? Post them in the What's running your Arma2 thread And what resolution do you run it at? Thanks.

Comment

Any sounds-mix that uses Tango Romeo's Tracked Sounds mod gets a :icon14: from me. I'll probably test it out.
          For those that already have CSM2 and TRSM (like me), what sounds will be changed?
          sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I like it, especially the M4/M16 sounds. I added some sounds from the JRRS mod to this one that were missing. The good thing about sound in this game is that it is so customizable.

In regards to VOP, in Arma 1 VOP was simply amazing. In Arma 2 it started to go down the drain in terms of quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Seiler View Post
              In regards to VOP, in Arma 1 VOP was simply amazing. In Arma 2 it started to go down the drain in terms of quality.
              Wait, I thought the VOP team stopped developing the mod a long time ago?
              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Originally posted by Merula View Post
                Any sounds-mix that uses Tango Romeo's Tracked Sounds mod gets a :icon14: from me. I'll probably test it out.
                For those that already have CSM2 and TRSM (like me), what sounds will be changed?
                Basically every single weapon sound and effect (bullet snap, cracks, impacts, exlosions (listen to the m203, need to get footage of bomb impacts) etc.), in my opinion HiFi weapons included in my package sound better and more organic then the CSM2 ones.

Originally posted by Seiler View Post
                I like it, especially the M4/M16 sounds. I added some sounds from the JRRS mod to this one that were missing. The good thing about sound in this game is that it is so customizable.

JRRS is modular? Are the weapon sounds any good? I would like to replace them damn vanilla AKs and SCARs with some really nice snappy sound like the M4&M16.

Yeah I heard that VOP was the best sound mod for A1 thats why I got it for A2, but I found it to be... Just ok...

My Specs are going into that thread. I am not a fan of checking out whos got the best hardware, but if it helps... Ok.

Comment

Downloading now! Sounds awsome in the vid, thanks Megagoth.

Comment

Originally posted by Megagoth1702 View Post
                    JRRS is modular? Are the weapon sounds any good? I would like to replace them damn vanilla AKs and SCARs with some really nice snappy sound like the M4&M16.

Yeah I heard that VOP was the best sound mod for A1 thats why I got it for A2, but I found it to be... Just ok...

My Specs are going into that thread. I am not a fan of checking out whos got the best hardware, but if it helps... Ok.

JRRS is indeed modular. Most of the sounds are good. They have amazing bullet impact sounds (i.e bullets snap tree branches, bullets ping off metal). The JRRS AK-47s sounds are not great (so far I haven't found a good AK-47 sound to replace the vanilla). JRRS has a great SCAR sound; not snappy, but still good. Same goes for the FN FAl and the Enfield.

Comment

Roger, sounds like JRRS will be the perfect "patch" for my mix, finally no more vanilla sounds.

I will definatively check it out and add stuff to my package. :) Thanks for the info!

@AK sounds -> I would love to get the ProjectReality AK sounds... They are just, god damn dude. :D

VIDEO of Bomb Impact sounds -

Still processing maybe, give it 5min.

Comment

ok so which one do i go with? @sound or JRRS?

Comment

Your choice...Hubba. Use what you prefer. That's the whole point of such sound mods :)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Yep, up to you of course, there is no "the best", because there is no "bad company 2", Haha.

For now MY suggestion (since I love my stuff) would be go with @SOUND and wait for me until I add more cool stuff from JRRS or other mods.

For now as I can hear on many videos the JRRS mod's weapons have waaay to much kick and low frequencies in them, too much bass. A gun has only a small surface to produce sound from and its not enough for such bass levels.

Example - G36 - is made of plastic and sounds like a damn mortar or something. RPGs are not "thrown out of the barrel and then their rocket starts", its not a Javelin, RPGs are fired out straight with full power from the beginning on.

REFERENCE VIDEO

I will check the mod's effects and see if they are any good.

I watched a lot of videos now - as I thought the mod is still in its "Kindershoes". I give it at least one year to be done by realistic standarts.
                            The M203 sounds like it's a silenced electromagnetically launched thingy, instead of the "pop" you hear when firing a M203.
                            REFERENCE VIDEO

A10 Hydra fly sound is great, smooth. Gau8 is a joke.

I like the Apache and Blackhawk sounds, a big too high pitched rotor-sounds but still good.
                            Last edited by Megagoth1702; 08-14-2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Another quick video:

Why can't I edit my posts? I would like to update my first post and at least edit the "DELETE ME" post, instead of double-dripple posting.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X